RIVERDALE PARENTS THREATEN BOYCOTT OR MOVES

warrior82dad

Coach Watson is good coach and one that I wouldn't mind coaching my kids or grandkids

I am not gonna lie fought hard for Shadowens to get to keep his job and I will do the exact same thing for Watson. It wasn't the Coach I was fighting for but the man. Both of these men exhibit great character, leadership and a true desire to see young men become their personal best. When you impact men in that way they will follow whole heartedly and others will join in quickly . In return your roster will grow because respect, honor and acceptance in a positive sphere is what young men are looking for in our society, 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not gonna lie fought hard for Shadowens to get to keep his job and I will do the exact same thing for Watson. It wasn't the Coach I was fighting for but the man. Both of these men exhibit great character, leadership and a true desire to see young men become their personal best. When you impact men in that way they will follow whole heartedly and others will join in quickly . In return your roster will grow because respect, honor and acceptance in a positive sphere is what young men are looking for in our society,

I really like David and he is what you say. Shadowens on the other hand...

I really like David and he is what you say. Shadowens on the other hand...

I can only tell you what I experienced first hand everyday at every practice. I watched him get and give respect to his players . I watched him lead prayer at  the close of practice I watched him have devotionals on Wednesday night. Every man has faults and I am not excluded from that statement, however compared to what I see in some public school systems today, I was proud to have them as coaches, I wouldn't make this a fight just about a coach. When a man or a woman leads their program, class with God, accountability, morals and values and expectations to do the right thing , that is who I want to surround my kids with. I would have the same fight for an English teacher, a science teacher or cafeteria worker. We have a responsibility to not keep quite,  I believe it was Edmund Burke who once said it best. The only thing we need in order for evil to to prevail is for good men to do nothing. Our schools our programs our kids....our responsibility. 

I can only tell you what I experienced first hand everyday at every practice. I watched him get and give respect to his players . I watched him lead prayer at the close of practice I watched him have devotionals on Wednesday night. Every man has faults and I am not excluded from that statement, however compared to what I see in some public school systems today, I was proud to have them as coaches, I wouldn't make this a fight just about a coach. When a man or a woman leads their program, class with God, accountability, morals and values and expectations to do the right thing , that is who I want to surround my kids with. I would have the same fight for an English teacher, a science teacher or cafeteria worker. We have a responsibility to not keep quite, I believe it was Edmund Burke who once said it best. The only thing we need in order for evil to to prevail is for good men to do nothing. Our schools our programs our kids....our responsibility.

Im going to step away from this conversation because I don't want to tarnish your opinion of PS.

Im going to step away from this conversation because I don't want to tarnish your opinion of PS.

I would think there are folks that does not like certain coaches, have issues with them..goes for all coaches. There are high school coaches that I would not want coaching my kids or grand kids...very rarely do I post anything about coaches that I don't like...I have posted, but very rare. When I did, it was about how they handled a certain situation with players...On the other hand, there are coaches I think a lot of and others don't.

If you would like to compare notes on football in this region I'll be glad to set down and meet you toe to toe, otherwise I will consider this post to be like many of your previous have been, nothing more than random rubbish . While Creasy did a great job, you might wanna know a little about how Coach Watson came into his job and how the entire off season and preseason played out. Coach Watson has a strong backing at the administration level and yes at the parent level as well.  There may or may not be changes made in some schools at some level, but Watson is going to be leading this team for at least two more years if not longer. The fact that you were not completely transparent with your statement is not anyone's fault but your own. Thank you for breaking out the crayons for everyone else,,, oh wait that wasn't to make a point... that was your lunch. 

Watson is a good coach and did a great job this year, but I do think Oakland will be the top team in the region as long as Creasy is there. 

I would think there are folks that does not like certain coaches, have issues with them..goes for all coaches. There are high school coaches that I would not want coaching my kids or grand kids...very rarely do I post anything about coaches that I don't like...I have posted, but very rare. When I did, it was about how they handled a certain situation with players...On the other hand, there are coaches I think a lot of and others don't.

I agree there is good and bad out there... Maybe I was blinded to it . But I am proud of the leadership both past and present who have been at the helm at Blackman and I look forward to continued growth and success

I agree there is good and bad out there... Maybe I was blinded to it . But I am proud of the leadership both past and present who have been at the helm at Blackman and I look forward to continued growth and success

we can only go on our experiences...one of the coaches that I think a lot of...others don't....I do agree on Coach Watson

I think since alot of people have all the answeRS I think you guys should coach..

Spoken like either a Coach in hiding or a fanboy of one or more.

Then there are those of us who have played for either great coaches or bad one who recognize the fact that we would not be a good coach.

We are the ones on here that are here for the kids and point out the faults of "Coaches".

Fact is they are men doing a JOB, not Gods to be worshipped.

Come on Monday, Daddy needs a new Coach!  My luck though I will crap out.