RIVERDALE PARENTS THREATEN BOYCOTT OR MOVES

warrior82dad

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what's going on up there but ten parents from a school that big seems more like a brew party than a quality organization. Why don't you Warrior parents get together and have a few bud "wisers."  If you want to get rid of your coach (any coach), this is not the way to do it. I really thought you people in Rutherford Co. were smarter than this. Isn't that supposed to be one of the highest educated counties in the state? 

Schedule does not favor Oakland in 2016 as they have to travel to Blackman, Riverdale and Siegel, but I see them as a favorite in every contest. 

Even coming to Tomahawk stadium will be NO problem.  Yet once again the current HC has NOT planned for next year.  We will not have Bea either to pull him out of the fire.

Add to this a Principal who could care less as he has his sights on being the first Principal at the new Rockvale HS in the works.

No matter what is said here or even face to face with Coach A or Nolan, NOTHING is going to change.  Coach A has it made here compared to what he had at Metro and he is not about to go back.  Going back to Metro is his ONLY option if the R'dale gig goes away.  NOBODY wants a mediocre to losing Coach.

Time for my yearly hibernation now as NOTHING will be going on in either the weight room or any REAL running conditioning.

It's hard to see how the program could get much worse.  Think about what the last TWO years would have been like if a Sr QB hadn't transferred in. Relying on freshmen and transfers every year just isn't what a program is supposed to be.

Hopefully, Riverdale gets a new coach that will start the rebuilding of the program.  Hopefully, the fans realize that it will take a least a couple years to be competitive again.  This program is at absolutely rock bottom in pretty much every component.

Quite a few people could see where this was headed, even as Aydelott was winning big with Rankins players. It's all the little things, all the attention to detail, the focus, the intensity, the follow-up, the coaches lost, the coaches brought in.  It will take a while to start getting all the pieces back in place.  

It seems like the biggest problem is that they can't a lot of people to go out for the team. A school that size should have a lot more players on the team. I think Coach A could go somewhere else and do a good job, both he and Riverdale need a fresh start.

When Coach A got to R'dale the Varsity Team regularly fielded between 100-110.  This is not counting the 50-75 man Freshman team.

Coach A who was coming from a small 4a program was totally overwhelmed by the sheer scope and size program R'dale WAS.

Since that first day the team got smaller and smaller while the school itself only got bigger.

As to the 'rumor' he is looking for a new gig, I will say I hope the best of luck for him finding ANOTHER JOB!