USJ at TCA tonight..........

ReitzFan

High school basketball takes center stage tonight in Jackson, TN as Trinity Christian hosts USJ.  There is no love lost between these two fierce rivals and a standing room only crowd is expected tonight at "The T Dome".  If you can't make the game, join Stan Gerard and Dave McCulley as they have the call of the game on Hippie Radio 105.3 in Jackson.  You can also listen online at http://www.hippieradio1053.com. The Countdown To Tip Off Pregame Show begins at 5:45pm central time and the girls game will tip at 6pm followed by the boys game.

As always, I hope you enjoy our broadcast.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game boys. Tough loss. Down 3 with 8 seconds and had a chance. Those type of losses will make you stronger. We are getting better and better each game. Look out in January!

Hey TCA!..I havent been on coacht this year because there is really no reason to. .I wish you guys all the luck this year man..Ive been to one UC game this year and I wasn't. Impressed at all..But they are decent I guess.All I heard was Parker Stewart this and Parker Stewart that do I went and checked it out..They saying he has 17 D1 offers..THAT WOWS ME..From what I saw he wouldn't start for TCA STATE..He was only as good as his players around him last year..This year he is just your average Joe..I wish him luck tho..It goes back to what I post at the first of the.year last year. .Its all about the hype!

Hey TCA!..I havent been on coacht this year because there is really no reason to. .I wish you guys all the luck this year man..Ive been to one UC game this year and I wasn't. Impressed at all..But they are decent I guess.All I heard was Parker Stewart this and Parker Stewart that do I went and checked it out..They saying he has 17 D1 offers..THAT WOWS ME..From what I saw he wouldn't start for TCA STATE..He was only as good as his players around him last year..This year he is just your average Joe..I wish him luck tho..It goes back to what I post at the first of the.year last year. .Its all about the hype!

This year he has to carry the team. With Deberry, Stockdale, and Simpson gone they need him to be the man.

Edited by Galilee

Hey Cope, good to hear from you. Hope you and your family are doing well. I've tried to keep up with UC but it's hard for me to tell how good they really are since I haven't seen them in person. I think after they play Halls at home I will have a better feel.

We made a deep run(semis) in football and 4 of our first 7 BB players played football. At this point I can't say if we will be a contender or not. We are getting better and better each game but taking some losses along the way but they have all been close games. I still believe it will be early January before I can tell you if we have a shot to contend or not. Middleton is really good so we have to deal with them first and then of course you have to beat two Memphis teams to get to Substate and one of those will likely be Booker T again. If we are fortunate to get that far we would then most likely have to deal with Mitchell and then someone from District 14. Cope, we are huge. Our frontline has to be one of biggest in Single A but we are very inconsistent right now. If we become consistent I think we can beat anyone in the state but that's a big IF. Keep us updated on UC. That was a fun, incredible atmosphere last year in the Substate at UC!

High school basketball takes center stage tonight in Jackson, TN as Trinity Christian hosts USJ.  There is no love lost between these two fierce rivals and a standing room only crowd is expected tonight at "The T Dome".  If you can't make the game, join Stan Gerard and Dave McCulley as they have the call of the game on Hippie Radio 105.3 in Jackson.  You can also listen online at http://www.hippieradio1053.com. The Countdown To Tip Off Pregame Show begins at 5:45pm central time and the girls game will tip at 6pm followed by the boys game.

As always, I hope you enjoy our broadcast.

Great broadcast!  Wish we would have come out with a couple of wins but we have another opportunity in a couple of weeks.

hey TCA and Galilee Merry Christmas to you both. I have been listening to UC games on the radio. The final score at Halls did not show how bad Halls really beat UC. The teams in the district are not as good as was first thought. Parker can shoot the 3 ball but you put somebody in his back pocket and he becomes less than average. I am like Cope I don't see what all those schools see so it must be just the hype. I guess we will see.

Merry Christmas to everybody!!! I was at this game and I understand what TCAIntense was talking about the football team being out of basketball. However, TCA should have won this game. With them being up 39-31 I figured they would still be aggressive and seal the deal. With that being said, I honestly thought Coach Northcut cost Trinity the victory. That's my opinion. I don't know if it was the playcalling or what but when TCA was up by 8, I thought they got too conservative. I understand that TCA did missed some shots, but I did see a lot off passing with the guards. Overall, what a game between two hatred rivals. Hopefully I will be back to watch TCA play USJ again, this time on McCllelan Road. I can see that Trinity has not peaked just yet.

Merry Christmas to everybody!!! I was at this game and I understand what TCAIntense was talking about the football team being out of basketball. However, TCA should have won this game. With them being up 39-31 I figured they would still be aggressive and seal the deal. With that being said, I honestly thought Coach Northcut cost Trinity the victory. That's my opinion. I don't know if it was the playcalling or what but when TCA was up by 8, I thought they got too conservative. I understand that TCA did missed some shots, but I did see a lot off passing with the guards. Overall, what a game between two hatred rivals. Hopefully I will be back to watch TCA play USJ again, this time on McCllelan Road. I can see that Trinity has not peaked just yet.

I totally agree with you that we should have won the game. When we went up by 8 our guards should have pounded it inside. They could not and cannot stop us inside IF we get the ball to the post players. One of our guards, who was averaging about 11 per game did not score. We can't beat good teams if he doesn't score. We held their top player to 5-26 shooting and 16 points but failed to capitalize on the offensive side of the ball. I believe we are the better team and will make a deeper tournament run but we need to beat them over there to prove it. USJ's does a great job with their 1-2-2 zone. They have mastered it and it works. No way they could guard us man to man but give their coach credit, he has found a strength and continues to build on it. We are getting better and better each game. Tonight against Lexington will be another tough test. Our two big men are playing on bad ankles and we need those to heal up by January. We need them healthy for a good run.

Edited by TCAIntense

Did not see this game nor could I find stats so asking an obvious question..Given the size of TCA why weren't the big men and low post utilized with the advantage. Were they trying for a shootout?

Really good question. They were not trying for a shootout as you can see by final score 43-48. I want to give USJ credit for their 1-2-2 defense. They made it difficult to get the ball inside. Two things: 1. TCA post players did not establish good enough position for the guards to make the pass and 2. I think the guards were fearful of turning it over if they attempted to make the pass. I think it was lack of execution by guards and posts. The few times we got it inside they either fouled us or we scored. If the big men do their job the next time we will win by 10. If they don't, we will lose again. TCA's half court trap bothered USJ. USJ does not have ball handlers to handle high pressure. Losing Nigel Peoples really hurt them.

Did not see this game nor could I find stats so asking an obvious question..Given the size of TCA why weren't  the big men and low post utilized with the advantage.   Were they trying for a shootout?

I missed the game as well but am surprised that TCA lost this game at home.  USJ has the best player on the court, but the advantage with guards and bigs goes heavily in TCA's favor.  With TCA's normal aggressive pressing defense, I would have assumed that USJ would have turned the ball over repeatedly.  Based on the score and previous posts, it seems like it was more of a half court affair.  Was that the case?  Lexington tonight is a tough ask coming off a heartbreaking rivalry loss at home.  Good Luck!