GCA 2016

Raven52

Barney, agree with you on all points. I was just getting there as Jeff Co was coming out of the locker room. Compared to the 2A ball I've always been around, it was like watching a small college team come out with the number of players they had.

Looks like it's going to be an interesting year in the region with what AE has back and Harriman finally getting the Kingston monkey off their back.

Thank you for the kind words sir. We are actually in Region 2-1A. We play in there with the Coalfield, Greenback, Oneida, and that bunch. I could've read the post wrong but we are no longer in that district with Grace.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the kind words sir. We are actually in Region 2-1A. We play in there with the Coalfield, Greenback, Oneida, and that bunch. I could've read the post wrong but we are no longer in that district with Grace.

You are correct. I was confusing 1A and 2A. Rockwood, Oliver Springs, and Wartburg are in 2A. My wife is a Harriman alum so she was excited last night.

Barney, I agree and it was about what I expected last night. Smaller school can hang with a bigger school for a while, but usually wears down in the 2nd half. Next week will be a challenge with CAK, but I don't know what to expect now that Bradley is gone.

You are correct. I was confusing 1A and 2A. Rockwood, Oliver Springs, and Wartburg are in 2A. My wife is a Harriman alum so she was excited last night.

Barney, I agree and it was about what I expected last night. Smaller school can hang with a bigger school for a while, but usually wears down in the 2nd half. Next week will be a challenge with CAK, but I don't know what to expect now that Bradley is gone.

To me CAK is just a step higher than GCA being 3A. They seem to get a lot better players than GCA does, look at UT for instance. Then they have one of the most sought after qb's in the state so I would have to give them the edge without a doubt. 

• 3 weeks later...

Before this season started I would have guessed this team would be lucky not to get beat by fifty points from all three loses they have right now but everyone of those loses have been great games and maybe should have won one if not two of them because the opportunity was there. This is an open week and a good time to rest and get ready for the games that do count except for the Webb game. This is a good team and playing against some of these higher level teams will pay off. Last year two of those loses from the bigger teams really let the air out of the tire but this year you can see a big difference that this group really fights hard. There will be some real good games ahead with Webb, Rockwood, Sweetwater and A-E.