GCA 2016

Raven52

GCA drove the ball straight down the field on two drives and scored and Meigs threw it for their scores.That was the varsity score not JV,I don't count JV with the scrimmages.

That's what I understand from the reliable GCA source that texted me last night

I also heard there were a few weak spots on that GCA squad and pride would be having an "open house" to vet candidates strengthening those positions :D

Can't lose 22 seniors and not expect weak spots. that is why I see 4-6 or 5-5 this year. Don't think those recruiting ads Tiger carried on about last year worked because I'm hearing they have not had any transfers. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't lose 22 seniors and not expect weak spots. that is why I see 4-6 or 5-5 this year. Don't think those recruiting ads Tiger carried on about last year worked because I'm hearing they have not had any transfers. 

Who is the QB. I know they have at least 3 to choose from. I also think Grace may take it on the chin unless they get some quality transfers.

Who is the QB. I know they have at least 3 to choose from. I also think Grace may take it on the chin unless they get some quality transfers.

The QB is Kirby, the little brother of the one that was the QB last year. He is an excellent passer so I'm sure that may be why the coach changed the offense to build around their strengths. The Headrick kid will be playing WR and loves it. They also have some other great WR's. The other kid may be playing at another position on defense but keep in mind he is a good player also and I'm sure the coach has these boy's in the best spot to help the team. Three kids can't all play QB when there are plenty of holes to fill. I'm sure some surprise will come along this summer no one knows about yet but because of strength of schedule I only see 5-5 tops. 

GCA drove the ball straight down the field on two drives and scored and Meigs threw it for their scores.That was the varsity score not JV,I don't count JV with the scrimmages.

GCA moved the ball through the air pretty well but I would say Meigs had more success on the ground, not by a land slide though. Was able to connect on three big pass plays to score. I thought the Tigers looked pretty good on defense. A lot of players getting to the ball. Meigs was missing 4 key players, but it's spring so I'm sure Grace was missing some as well.

GCA moved the ball through the air pretty well but I would say Meigs had more success on the ground, not by a land slide though. Was able to connect on three big pass plays to score. I thought the Tigers looked pretty good on defense. A lot of players getting to the ball. Meigs was missing 4 key players, but it's spring so I'm sure Grace was missing some as well.

They were missing the transfers that will be coming for fall that haven't moved here yet. 

That sounded like a joke.

Pujo I didn't go but I watched the highlights on hudl. I was very impressed with the new QB. He could really put the ball in the hands of his receivers. Still don't see better than 5-5 because their playing two teams that should have never been on the schedule in the first place. A-E, Webb and CAK will be the other hard teams to beat. Unless they get some surprise move in or two this is where I think they will come in at this year.

• 1 month later...

Watching the TN Future Stars game. The 3 kids they have listed as Grace football players are all wearing helmets for other teams. What gives?

I would say since it's the 8th grade future stars they are wearing their middle school helmets and attend different middle school but are headed to Grace as freshman

• 4 weeks later...