Official Thread: Mr. Basketball Nominations for 2015-2016

CoachT

I never said anything negative about the Young man that plays for Van Buren County. As a matter fact I said he was a good Player, however he is not on the level of Tyreke Key and neither is anyone else in this area and I'm including AAA AA and A. Key is in a league of his own bar none and he should be in the conversation for Mr. basketball for the state of Tennessee but no one else should be from this area and that is my opinion that does not mean we do not have some very fine players because we do however Key is special

If Key is as good as everyone is saying then he shouldn't be in the conversation as a finalist, but rather, in the conversation for winning it. He should be guaranteed a finalist spot.

On the other hand I have a hard time, taking the opinion of someone who says no one else in your area belongs in the finalist conversation. Unless you're implying that Mills isn't in your area and is from the Chatt area. Which, you very well may be, since his district comes this way.

My opinion after watching him multiple weeks in our city's fall league- against the best talent in our city in all classifications - is that he most definitely belongs in the class A conversation as a finalist. There was no one in that league-again, players from Central, McCallie, Tyner, etc- who was out of his league. Doesn't mean I think he should be the winner, doesn't even mean I think he should be a finalist. But in the conversation? Absolutely.

Maybe it's semantics, or maybe Key is that much better than every player in the city of Chattanooga. If so, I need to see him play!

Class AAA (David Crockett )-Patrick Good 2 time NE Tennessee POY AND going to finish with a 3rd this year 1st Team All State 14-15. Scored 1800 points and counting in 3 years. Averages at least 25 a game with probably 5 rebounds and 1 or 2 steals a game just guessing can't find any stats on this year. He's helped take Crockett to places they haven't in 25-30 years. If anyone saw him play at the Arby's Classic they know he's ligit.

• Upvote 1

If Key is as good as everyone is saying then he shouldn't be in the conversation as a finalist, but rather, in the conversation for winning it. He should be guaranteed a finalist spot.

On the other hand I have a hard time, taking the opinion of someone who says no one else in your area belongs in the finalist conversation. Unless you're implying that Mills isn't in your area and is from the Chatt area. Which, you very well may be, since his district comes this way.

My opinion after watching him multiple weeks in our city's fall league- against the best talent in our city in all classifications - is that he most definitely belongs in the class A conversation as a finalist. There was no one in that league-again, players from Central, McCallie, Tyner, etc- who was out of his league. Doesn't mean I think he should be the winner, doesn't even mean I think he should be a finalist. But in the conversation? Absolutely.

Maybe it's semantics, or maybe Key is that much better than every player in the city of Chattanooga. If so, I need to see him play!

Normally i don't reply to someone that has "2" posts on coacht because that would mean you're either related to him or another poster hiding your identity.  However i will say this to you and everyone else out there that doubts me. You need to see him play!  He is that good and he should win Mr. Basketball, the only other person that should be in the conversation is the best player on Mitchell's team thats about it.  Look i know basketball and i know a good player when i see one like Mills.  He's solid and a very fine player, he might play in college at a small school, this kid is Div 1 good.  He plays at a different level.  White County has a great team, they are undefeated in AAA this year 19-0 and they have some very good players on that team but none as good as Key.  I'm not trying to belittle anyone i'm calling it like i see it and Key is one of the top 5 players in this state and that is including AAA Memphis/Div II private etc... He is a man amongst boys at the Class A level and that is including the games he plays against VanBuren County!

Edited by UCSportsFan

Normally i don't reply to someone that has "2" posts on coacht because that would mean you're either related to him or another poster hiding your identity. However i will say this to you and everyone else out there that doubts me. You need to see him play! He is that good and he should win Mr. Basketball, the only other person that should be in the conversation is the best player on Mitchell's team thats about it. Look i know basketball and i know a good player when i see one like Mills. He's solid and a very fine player, he might play in college at a small school, this kid is Div 1 good. He plays at a different level. White County has a great team, they are undefeated in AAA this year 19-0 and they have some very good players on that team but none as good as Key. I'm not trying to belittle anyone i'm calling it like i see it and Key is one of the top 5 players in this state and that is including AAA Memphis/Div II private etc... He is a man amongst boys at the Class A level and that is including the games he plays against VanBuren County!

Ok first off no one has said that Caden Mills deserves it over Key. Actually, they have agreed that Key is better. That's what you think too, right? So I don't understand what case you're fighting here. You've said who you think should be nominated and who should win and I think everyone agrees. I wasn't sure if anyone would even say Mills' name but two or three people did first off so that says something. I'm going out on a limb here but I'm going to guess that you haven't seen him play many games. The kid is a long and lanky walking talent. He has dominated so many games and scored his thousandth point early in his sophomore season. The fact that Tyreke Key is much better shouldn't be a factor in your opinion about Mills. Judging by your posts on this thread it's like no one should even be breathing the same air as Key. However, I have seen your posts on other threads and no matter what they always have at least a bit of a condescending tone so you should just leave it at "I think Key should win over everyone."

Edited by golden33

To say Mills is nowhere close to his league is unnecessary and inaccurate. Everyone has said Key is better but it's not a wide margin. And to imply that no one stood out when they played shows that maybe you weren't paying attention. The tennessean box score shows that Key had 29 and Mills had 27 that game. Did Van Buren get handled- absolutely, but there's no need to make it out like Mills had a bad game because the team got beat. Again, Key is really good...let's just leave it at that and leave the negativity off the board. Especially, when it's so far off.

Not sure what game you were looking at but against Clay Co this year Mills scored 17 Key had 31 for Clay. Key hands down best player in this area, that being said Mills would be hard to beat for the second best in this area behind Key. Mills also just a sophomore so he will be around this conversation for awhile. To great players hope Key and Mills the best in the voting need a Mr Basketball from this area.

Edited by ref83