Hampton at Unaka Rd-2

uknoit2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I hope that is not what it takes. It might take pujo, myself and ole cteampresident to get the job done 

I got a nice length of strong, new rope that would look real good on him.

I tell ya this: If me and ol' Leon was still around, kids would be fighting to be on the baseball team! We'd teach 'em right.... especially how to bust up the benches and build a fire in the dug out!!! Lawd!! I thought Coach Taylor was gonna kill us!!!!!

Edited by FormerCteamPresident

I got a nice length of strong, new rope that would look real good on him.

I tell ya this: If me and ol' Leon was still around, kids would be fighting to be on the baseball team! We'd teach 'em right.... especially how to bust up the benches and build a fire in the dug out!!! Lawd!! I thought Coach Taylor was gonna kill us!!!!!

Heck, I dont want mine anywhere near ya'll...Threatening to string up a man then bust up some wood and set him on fire!

May want to rethink your recruiting methods :roflolk:

That is big.....Very few I've seen that big that can run the floor and play tho...Maybe a poster on here can inform us about Oneida.

The thing about Hampton's post players is that they can hit jumpers. Not many 6'+ 13 year olds can pull up and pop one from 14 feet with confidence. They can. Especially the mulleted child.

Hampton is a lock for the state tournament if they can host a home sub-state game.I don't think it would be in any teams best interest to have to go down to somewhere like Meigs County and play an away sub-state game.However They have the size at both guard and post positions and they are very long defensively that can give a lot of teams in this area matchup problems.If they could develope a strong back to the basket post player that can score consistently to go along with their group of athletic guards they could be a team that could win down the road.

Hampton is a lock for the state tournament if they can host a home sub-state game.I don't think it would be in any teams best interest to have to go down to somewhere like Meigs County and play an away sub-state game.However They have the size at both guard and post positions and they are very long defensively that can give a lot of teams in this area matchup problems.If they could develope a strong back to the basket post player that can score consistently to go along with their group of athletic guards they could be a team that could win down the road.

+1000

Nice 1st post...and dead on!

I don't, let me repeat, I DO NOT want to go to Meigs Co to play sub-state game.

And yes, we must develop a stronger post game to have a shot getting to and winning one at state.

We got the pieces....Need to get a bit nasty on the blocks tho.... we shall see

No knock to Hampton but this might be the weakest the conference has been going back 15 to 20 years. Even AA and AAA in Northeast Tennessee is almost tough to watch outside of Crockett.Would be nice to see basketball games played like they used to be played. Packed gymnasiums,heated rivalries and each game a barn burner and not a 20 to 30 point blowout each game.

No knock to Hampton but this might be the weakest the conference has been going back 15 to 20 years. Even AA and AAA in Northeast Tennessee is almost tough to watch outside of Crockett.Would be nice to see basketball games played like they used to be played. Packed gymnasiums,heated rivalries and each game a barn burner and not a 20 to 30 point blowout each game.

I'm with ya....I believe weakness haunts every conference across the board this season....The Unicoi vs Hampton game a few weeks ago was the worst basketball I've seen in some time! Unicoi beat us (unreal) then soon after beat Science Hill!

I've said it all season, teams across the state make me SMH!

But I will say, our conf may be a bit stronger than last season....Just a bit....Cloudland is stronger than last season, just cant put it together every game.

No knock to Hampton but this might be the weakest the conference has been going back 15 to 20 years.

I would say, overall, 04-05 and 05-06 seasons were weaker for District 1A.

And overall, AAA has been weak for a while here, and AA has always sucked compared to the rest of the state. Heck, the last time a remember a team from district 1AA makeing it to state, they were getting beat 55-11 at halftime.

I would say, overall, 04-05 and 05-06 seasons were weaker for District 1A.

And overall, AAA has been weak for a while here, and AA has always sucked compared to the rest of the state. Heck, the last time a remember a team from district 1AA makeing it to state, they were getting beat 55-11 at halftime.

This is my take on it.the region as a whole may be a tad stronger than last season but I don't think any of the teams are as strong as last years Hampton team.