AA substate prediction

Basketball102

Here's a good question: Will any of the 3rd or 4th seeds in a region tourney make the state? I would think not but have not analyzed every region.

East Nashville (3 seed) is a possibility. This is not one of their best teams but there are no dominant teams in the section this year. There are any number of teams who could win the section. I wouldn't pick them to win the section, but it wouldn't shock me.

Here's a good question: Will any of the 3rd or 4th seeds in a region tourney make the state? I would think not but have not analyzed every region.

Austin East is a dangerous 3 seed out of region 2 they could possibly make some noise a streaky team that blew a 17 point lead to lose in the district semis. But I don't think it's likely that they make it to substate.

Austin East is a dangerous 3 seed out of region 2 they could possibly make some noise a streaky team that blew a 17 point lead to lose in the district semis. But I don't think it's likely that they make it to substate.

Alcoa is very dangerous and in a good spot.  They play at Union County, if the Tornadoes win they play a possible game with CAK in their gym.  Alcoa could very well make the sub-state.  Catholic, on the other hand will have their hands full with the Roadrunners and the Irish are preparing hard for them. They are not over looking A-E. Should be an entertaining game.

Edited by QSouth89

These are my sub-state winners predictions. As always never know who might get matched up with who with upsets in the district/region championship games or whatever .......

Region 1/2 - Knox Catholic and Fulton

Region 3/4 - Upperman and Chattanooga Central or (Brainerd)

Region 5/6 - Creekwood and Maplewood

Region 7/8 - Southside and Haywood

Since Catholic plays Fulton in the semifinals, only one will be advancing to sectionals.

Make your picks who makes it to Murfreesboro?

Elizabethon

CAK

Fulton

Greeneville

Brainerd

York Institute

Upperman

Chatt Central

Maplewood

Marshall Academy

CPA

Whites Creek

Westview

Ripley

Craigmont

Fayette Ware

I don't know much about most of these teams. I do know that Craigmont lost to Fayette Ware by 2 points back in December. Since then both schools have had really good seasons. I think that this one particular game is up for grabs.