Elizabethtown vs Johnson County

BigFan1966

I don't think anyone in East TN or anyone that knows the EHS coach is surprised by this news. He has already been fired once for this kind of thing. This could be for anything. Was it for him recruiting KJ from HV? Was it for him recruiting Alexis Bowers from Hampton? Was it for him recruiting the 8th grader? Was it for his new HV transfer? Who knows. But this has been a long time coming. I'm sure it was not worse than what he did when he recruited the Bowling girl right before her senior year at HV. That was terrible.

Edited by jamesfoley

I don't think anyone in East TN or anyone that knows the EHS coach is surprised by this news. He has already been fired once for this kind of thing. This could be for anything. Was it for him recruiting KJ from HV? Was it for him recruiting Alexis Bowers from Hampton? Was it for him recruiting the 8th grader? Was it for his new HV transfer? Who knows. But this has been a long time coming. I'm sure it was not worse than what he did when he recruited the Bowling girl right before her senior year at HV. That was terrible.

This is a classic example of someone that hasn't a clue. Bowers was at EHS before leaving for Hampton. She never played at EHS after that. The HV transfer was not solicited. Bowling left HV after her sophomore year (not right before her senior year) because neither her nor her family were happy with the situation there. Some kids move because that's what they want to do!

This is a classic example of someone that hasn't a clue. Bowers was at EHS before leaving for Hampton. She never played at EHS after that. The HV transfer was not solicited. Bowling left HV after her sophomore year (not right before her senior year) because neither her nor her family were happy with the situation there. Some kids move because that's what they want to do!

Ask HV and Hampton if those 2 were not texted about coming to EHS. Even you can't try to deny why he was fired before.

Ask HV and Hampton if those 2 were not texted about coming to EHS. Even you can't try to deny why he was fired before.

i don't need to ask HV or Hampton about these cases because I'm sure I know more about these circumstances than you will ever know. The Bowers kid was zoned for Elizabethton and chose to leave for Hampton. Later, she left Hampton and came back to Elizabethton for a semester and then went back to Hampton. KJ could have come to Elizabethton after middle school but chose to attend HV because that's where she wanted to be. I find the hypocrisy on this subject to be amazing. When the proverbial shoe is on the other foot, the EHS detractors have nothing to say. No one cried foul when Bowers left EHS for Hampton initially, but rather you have openly accused EHS of recruiting her back to the school she was zoned for. Additionally, there is a player at Hampton that chose to leave EHS mid-year. Personally, I wish her the very best because that is where she wants to be. As for things that happened 25 years ago, I will not try to defend them but do maintain they have absolutely nothing to do with the present.

I understand your point, but my main point was NOT about whom it was reported by, but that there was really nothing to report. And by that, I mean the so called infraction was nothing worthy of reporting even if a jealous competitor was the offender. Regardless, this is the world we live in. As I said before, kids want to be part of a winning program so they go where they want. This happens all over the state.

So the TSSAA puts EHS on probation for "nothing worthy of reporting". A friend of mine was right yesterday when he said  that the TSSAA was just tired of EHS girls winning all the time and was trying to do something about it.

So the TSSAA puts EHS on probation for "nothing worthy of reporting". A friend of mine was right yesterday when he said  that the TSSAA was just tired of EHS girls winning all the time and was trying to do something about it.

No, they put them on probation for cheating. They violated TSSAA rules, their principal confirmed. That IS worthy of reporting. 

i don't need to ask HV or Hampton about these cases because I'm sure I know more about these circumstances than you will ever know. The Bowers kid was zoned for Elizabethton and chose to leave for Hampton. Later, she left Hampton and came back to Elizabethton for a semester and then went back to Hampton. KJ could have come to Elizabethton after middle school but chose to attend HV because that's where she wanted to be. I find the hypocrisy on this subject to be amazing. When the proverbial shoe is on the other foot, the EHS detractors have nothing to say. No one cried foul when Bowers left EHS for Hampton initially, but rather you have openly accused EHS of recruiting her back to the school she was zoned for. Additionally, there is a player at Hampton that chose to leave EHS mid-year. Personally, I wish her the very best because that is where she wants to be. As for things that happened 25 years ago, I will not try to defend them but do maintain they have absolutely nothing to do with the present.

I know who you are and you're relationship with Coach Dugger. That relationship has your judgement cloudled here. If you honestly believe he did not text Alexis Bowers to come back to Elizabethton, you are wrong. If you think he did not text KJ, you are wrong. Simple as that.

Does the Elizabethton coach recruit?  Sure he does.  So do a lot of other coaches.  Does it make it right? No.  But it goes on.  What is sad to me is the TSSAA only comes down on some one when they feel like it.  What made them do something now?  Who knows.  This could have been done many times before, not only to the Elizabethton coach but to a lot of other area coaches.  I've known situations where one school has been penalized for doing something when another school did the same thing in the same place and nothing was done.  The only consist thing about the TSSAA is their inconsistency.

Edited by screenandroll

Are ya mad James? Has our team laid the spank on your team for too long? Now you are saying we cheat? These girls have been together for at least 6 years. They have been winners since day one! So what if you know who sparky is. I bet there are thousands of other fans who will defend the Cyclones just like him. We did just fine without these other girls you say coach texted, and just to let you in on a secret, all of these girls from different schools are really close friends and I bet they text each other daily. Is that another rule violation?