Bearden high

Olddawg1948x

• 2 weeks later...

What's up with the edit button?  I couldn't correct my error I made hahaha.. But Blevins took a job in Bama and starts Monday....  He's taking over a team that finished 4-17 last year.... UH OH.   Who is this AAU coach that was getting the players at Bearden?  

Interesting hire. Limited success at Cherokee. 6 winning seasons in last 10 years. All though he did make state tournament 1 year. Otherwise seldom made it out of the district. That type of track record won't be acceptable at Bearden. Lack of talent won't be an excuse. Be interesting to see how he handles high expectations, high pressure at Bearden. Huge shoes to fill!!! Hope he can continue the winning tradition at Bearden. Hope admin and parents got what they wanted.

Interesting hire. Limited success at Cherokee. 6 winning seasons in last 10 years. All though he did make state tournament 1 year. Otherwise seldom made it out of the district. That type of track record won't be acceptable at Bearden. Lack of talent won't be an excuse. Be interesting to see how he handles high expectations, high pressure at Bearden. Huge shoes to fill!!! Hope he can continue the winning tradition at Bearden. Hope admin and parents got what they wanted.

Last three years have been brutal with a 35-53 record. I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not with the hire given the way Blevins was treated. On the surface , you would think they would have had some great candidates with the program's history and returning young players. Perhaps the administrative history severely limited the candidates that applied.  

Bearden is gaining an excellent coach. Coach Parrott has been able do great things with much less talent than he will have at Bearden. In 2012 when he took the Chiefs to the state tournament Cherokee was the smallest school in the state in the AAA division. He is also a great man. I'm proud to call him a friend , sad to see him leave but I am excited to see what success he will have there. You won't be disappointed. No one will work harder than him. I'm always a Chief first but I'll root for him and the Bulldogs!

Bearden is gaining an excellent coach. Coach Parrott has been able do great things with much less talent than he will have at Bearden. In 2012 when he took the Chiefs to the state tournament Cherokee was the smallest school in the state in the AAA division. He is also a great man. I'm proud to call him a friend , sad to see him leave but I am excited to see what success he will have there. You won't be disappointed. No one will work harder than him. I'm always a Chief first but I'll root for him and the Bulldogs!

That great to hear. He's stepping into a program that is rich in tradition and returning a very strong nucleus. He's going to need to win over a team and fan base that was very upset with the way Blevins was treated.

Ok here is the skinny, 5 man selection committee, Wells interview as a courtesy and then removed his name. Only other decent coach to apply was Jon Higgins from Central and he would have probably been a good fit. Parrot was an after thought(probably a good man), mediocre coach by all standards. Wells would not take job with Bartlett/Lynn there . Bartlett's newspaper remark about "phone ringing off the hook" was a total stretch when in effect anyone within a 300 miles who was a coach on the same level of Blevins won't touch the job with a ten foot pole. Parrot evidently didn't do his homework in knowing what was going on there. In addition Bartlett from some sources may have been trying to get the CAK middle school principal job but he didn't . Some support on the committee for Higgins but decision was Bartlett's for Parrott. He apparently didn't want any area coaches with any connections to Blevins in the job and Parrott obviously would be holding to him for the more than generous opportunity he was give-Bartlett thrives on that kind of stuff evidently. His chances of being hired at any Knoxvilke school normally would be 1000 to 1. The only good thing I hear is the softball guys are involved in a massive effort to get him out and would like to have him out by Sept bit they may have to wait until the board is sworn in so he may have another year.....if I were the baseball coach I'd be looking as it seems he's next on the list(highly successful and disciplined are not characteristics That get you far at Bearden)