District 4 AAA Tourney

GovMan

How about those Heritage girls?  Big win for them last night against Maryville.  Says a lot about the Lady Mountaineers.  Lost one of their key leaders to a knee injury earlier in the year, struggled through some adversity, but have stepped it up in tournament.  Next up for them is William Blount on Friday night at 6:00.  The Lady Govs handled them fairly easily last time they played, but you know Coach Howard will have his girls ready to go.  Should be an exciting game.

Hardin Valley vs Bearden in the other girl's semi.  Once again, while Bearden would be favored, HV is absolutely capable of winning this game.

If anyone is out there, what do you think?

I've not seen these teams play one another this season, but the big key in my mind is how Heritage handles WB's ball pressure. Handle it with composure and the Lady Mountaineers can get easy scoring opportunities and/or play the game at their preferred pace; turn it over and it's the Lady Governors who dictate pace, create possessions, and get the easy looks. Heritage led by 10 at halftime vs. Maryville. I think they need that kind of 1st half again to give themselves an opportunity.

Regarding HVA and Bearden, I'll be surprised if it's not nip and tuck. If that's the case, free throw shooting will be big as will avoiding any costly late turnovers.

Boys semifinal games tonight should be exciting too (Heritage vs. Maryville at 7:30 and Bearden vs. Farragut at 9:00). Looking forward to an entertaining afternoon/evening of high school hoops. Best wishes to all the semi-finalists as they move on to the Region.