Region 2 Tournament

tnchad1980

Karns better rebound the ball a lot better than they did last night if they want to make it to the championship. We dominated them on the glass last night. They're very vulnerable there. Watch out for Heritage. They're peaking at the right time.

There's a huge difference rebounding against OR compared to Heritage.

Edited by ballforall

There's a huge difference rebounding against OR compared to Heritage.

Maybe, but Karns will struggle rebounding against any team with some size to them, and if Heritage still has that big tall Center they had last year (which I think they do) they will struggle mightily. Plus, they have to beat Maryville first. Not an easy task. I think most of the teams, with the exception of us (not bragging just true IMO) are pretty much on an even level playing field.

Maybe, but Karns will struggle rebounding against any team with some size to them, and if Heritage still has that big tall Center they had last year (which I think they do) they will struggle mightily. Plus, they have to beat Maryville first. Not an easy task. I think most of the teams, with the exception of us (not bragging just true IMO) are pretty much on an even level playing field.

Agreed with the "level playing field" part.  I think home court will play a huge role in the first games, and then just banking on the fact that Karns probably is just a tad better overall than Heritage.  Plus, Karns only lost to OR by 4 or so early in the season.

Agreed with the "level playing field" part.  I think home court will play a huge role in the first games, and then just banking on the fact that Karns probably is just a tad better overall than Heritage.  Plus, Karns only lost to OR by 4 or so early in the season.

Yeah, they played us close at their place, but that score is a little deceiving. We led the whole game by 15-18 points and just fell apart and lost focus in the last 4 or so minutes, so it looked closer than it was. But, yeah, you're right.

Yeah, they played us close at their place, but that score is a little deceiving. We led the whole game by 15-18 points and just fell apart and lost focus in the last 4 or so minutes, so it looked closer than it was. But, yeah, you're right.

Karns always seems to have a solid home court advantage.  I think it was maybe '13 that they lost a region game at home to Powell I believe.  Other than that, they are usually 7-10 points better at home.

Karns always seems to have a solid home court advantage.  I think it was maybe '13 that they lost a region game at home to Powell I believe.  Other than that, they are usually 7-10 points better at home.

Maryville beat Karns last year at Karns. They had a huge homecourt advantage though.

Maryville won the regular season in District 4 and just ran into a peaking Heritage Team which is also a rivalry game.

I found a bracket on the cruddy TSSAA website, but it has Anderson County listed as the location for the regional semifinals and finals. Is this correct? They are out.

SHAM_zps4l30ttkz.png

http://brackets.tssaa.org/bracket.cfm?id=79

I found this in the TSSAA Handbook:

B. Regional Tournaments
1. Districts must be completed by the date set by the Board on Control.
2. District coaches shall select their regional tournament site on
a rotation basis. In odd-numbered years, the odd-numbered districts in basketball (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15) shall select the regional tournament site. In even-numbered years, the even-numbered district shall select the regional tournament site.

Edited by Red Rebels