Region 4A Championship Clay Co. vs. Jackson Co.

Shozen

We at Mc just hoping not to get blow out by more than 30 lol. Huge up hill battle for us. Just maybe we keep it competitive

First mistake to come in thinking you have no shot. Unsure if you are being sarcastic or not but yes Clay Co is def. a very very good team and Tyreke Key is likely the A Mr Basketball winner and insane talent but Clay is def capable of being beat. It will be a loud jam packed gym. When Key slams it don't take it personal, just remember he has done it to almost every team he has faced this year and it's only two points. Haha all in good fun.

Edited by Shozen

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen Montgomery play but I can gurantee Key is a top 3 player in he state from any classification. He is a mirror image of John Jenkins from Station Camp and is already likely to attend Vanderbilt like him.

When a point guard can drop step two hand dunk it over 2 I highly doubt anyone in the state can truthfully out dunk him by that much or off the dribble in traffic slam it over people just inside the foul line or off the back door ally op.

However one person isn't going to win this game alone. Key will get his 30 but it totally depends on if you can stop 6/5 Maybry who had 26 in the region championship and the very good outside shooters of Browning, Russell, and Peyton Smith. Clay plays 9-10 deep.

Should be a fun place to watch basketball. See you there

Edited by Shozen

Going to be uphill battle that's for sure.

Key sounds very impressive.

Can't wait to watch the game

Good Luck to you guys and from looking at things, you have improved by leaps and bounds over the season. I'm sure Clay Co is a quality team but I highly doubt they are the best in 1a. I'd say there are 4 teams in the West that,s better. I'm also fairly sure some of us on this side would give um a game.

Good Luck to you guys and from looking at things, you have improved by leaps and bounds over the season. I'm sure Clay Co is a quality team but I highly doubt they are the best in 1a. I'd say there are 4 teams in the West that,s better. I'm also fairly sure some of us on this side would give um a game.

Without a doubt the gold ball will be probably going to the west side of the state. Clay has proved they can beat quality teams beating 3 AAA teams and multiple AA teams one that won their district in AAA Sevier County. In the state tournament it totally depends on the other players of the team. Key's scoring will be matched by one of the west TN players so it depends on if the others can step up.

Clay can score and score fast with their quality outside shooting from 4-5 players. If Maybry can play like he did in the region then Clay has a very good shot to go deep.

Edited by Shozen