Hampton vs Meigs. Replay of 2015 sub state ?

Newsworthy

SHOOT! There will be fur a flying and cat screams heard for miles when the DOGS lay into those Tigers!

Okay, now I'M back down to Earth Pujo....Shewwwww this is to be a war without doubt.....Probably haven't faced a team that could run with the DOGS for 4 qtrs and shoot as well at the same time...We were up on those suckers by 19 twice last March....TWICE! And we into overtime because they came back to tie and lead twice....TWICE! So, yea, its ON!

One of the best atmospheres in TN HS sports....Not many left like this one...That's why I cringe to hear consolidation!

Dogs usually win these dog and cat fights but these are not you're average Cats. If we can get up by 19, I like our chances. lol  Should be an electric environment.

Agree with everyone. Too close to call. This game will come down to turnovers, rebounding, and of course free throws. I will go out on a limb and say the team with the least amount of turnovers and having a rebounding edge wins.

I've said it before.......there is NOTHING like a sub-state game atmosphere at Vanhuss-White Gymnasium. PRICELESS. The dogpound will be rocking on Monday. The only drawback is that since Meigs experienced our atmosphere last year, they should know what to expect. Flip a coin. I hope we flip that two-headed coin and choose heads....LOL. Enjoy everyone...Monday will be here before you know it. 

Meigs was leg-weary in their loss last night. They won a close game by 3 in the Region semis that was a very physical game.  Then against Grace last night they just couldn't seem to get a break, and they seemed a step slower than usual.  A couple of their starters were visibly winded in the second half.  I'm not sure if the Coach practiced them too much or too hard Wednesday after that physical semi game on Tuesday.  Anyway, if Saturday's game is anything like the one last year it should be exciting!
Did any of you Hampton fans attend any of the games in the mid to late 60's, when Buck was coaching?

Edited by blitzinbuc

Meigs was leg-weary in their loss last night. They won a close game by 3 in the Region semis that was a very physical game.  Then against Grace last night they just couldn't seem to get a break, and they seemed a step slower than usual.  A couple of their starters were visibly winded in the second half.  I'm not sure if the Coach practiced them too much or too hard Wednesday after that physical semi game on Tuesday.  Anyway, if Saturday's game is anything like the one last year it should be exciting!

Did any of you Hampton fans attend any of the games in the mid to late 60's, when Buck was coaching?

Not me, my mom was in middle school then :D

We MUST REBOUND THE BALL to win this one...I believe our top 3 can hang with their's...Boxing out, everyone playing under control and good passing...These are a must.

Meigs will be rested and ready...we have our hands full