class 1A region 6 banquet awards?

wboro33

Come on man- Banquets are more about parent egos then player recognition.

Most of these young men care about their team and winning, while parents make a huge deal about banquets and senior gifts.

And you're missing the point...none of the kids were on here griping that they didn't get to be recognized. They do (and should) care more about their teammates than individual awards, but it should be a priority for administrators to give the kids their moment...they've earned it on the field, and if you're not appreciative enough to participate, then just don't go. I'm not an egotistical parent at all ( two girls long ago graduated), but I'd be proud to see one of our team's kids be honored. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of these young men care about their team and winning, while parents make a huge deal about banquets and senior gifts.

Kids should be recognized for their hard work, Yes its about team but teams are made up of individuals. Parents also have the right to be proud of their kids. They have awards for people in the pro's and believe me they earn and love the recognition.

first off yes im proud of my son and would like to have seen him get his "moment in the sun so to speak"   looks like thats not gonna happen thou......

second.....u must not have been good enough to expect a "senior gift" therefore whocares about banquets......i dont see it as a "senior gift" i see it as" a busted his butt for four years,at least throw the dog a bone!!!!!!"

And you're missing the point...none of the kids were on here griping that they didn't get to be recognized. They do (and should) care more about their teammates than individual awards, but it should be a priority for administrators to give the kids their moment...they've earned it on the field, and if you're not appreciative enough to participate, then just don't go. I'm not an egotistical parent at all ( two girls long ago graduated), but I'd be proud to see one of our team's kids be honored. 

some folks sees it different

Kids should be recognized for their hard work, Yes its about team but teams are made up of individuals. Parents also have the right to be proud of their kids. They have awards for people in the pro's and believe me they earn and love the recognition.

thank yall.....like i said a pat on the back is not much to ask for considering the hard work for four years of commitment......i complaining for all the kids in region 6...not just my own

I know in the past they have always rotated from school to school each year for the banquet and it might not be fair but I think it would have been good to find the school the closest to the center of the region and just held it there each year. I don't think this region will hold for very long anyway before it gets swapped back up. But that's just my opinion

No doubt the banquet needs to take place. Athletic directors, school administrators, & coaches need to be contacted and put on the spot. All it takes is somebody taking the bull by the horns. Although this seems to be a Wayne county thread, this goes out to all region 6 teams.