Trezevant 2016

kwc

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us know how it goes. Trezvant should have an outstanding team.

Kws I can not wait to see you there next the state champ will be in the build .And also 10 commited to southeast missouri state 9 will be back and the team is loaded . They got there rings so it all good in the bay

Pujo:

The Trezevant roster only had thirty six (36) players on it. Seven (7) of them are seniors. #9 is Jondarious Smalls, a 6'-1", 235 lb. LB. He's a junior so he will be back next season. #10 is Justin Swift, a 6'-1" 215 lb. LB. He's a senior and he received a scholarship to play ball at S. E. Missouri State. I don't know about the rest of the seniors at Trezevant. I did not see their names on the list provided on the link, but that doesn't mean that they haven't received a scholarship. I just don't know if they have or not. To my knowledge, it's just been Mr. Swift off of the 2015-2016 Trezevant team.

The Trezevant Football Twitter Feed however, has a LOT of information about the 2017 class. It seems that THE Recruiting Guru, Tom Lemming, has made a visit to Trezevant  on April 11th, and the ripple effect has begun. The 6'-6" DE, Tijuan Mason, has received an offer from Purdue. I suspect that Jondarious Smalls will be playing ball in college on scholarship as well. I would also think that Tywan Johnson, a 6'4" 185 lb., talented ATH who has played QB/WR/CB will get some looks from some colleges. Not to mention Tom Lemming identified at the Safety position,  6'-2:, 185 lb.,  Keveon Mullins as a No. 1 underclassman (Freshman) prospect.

Man this scrimmage against Whitehaven is going to be special come May 4th.

Thanks for the info, You guys will be an absolute monster next season. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info, You guys will be an absolute monster next season. Enjoy.

Well ... as you can tell from my avatar, I'm a Whitehaven supporter, but I support all of the teams from Memphis when they represent. This will be the third year in a row that Whitehaven and Trezevant have scrimmaged against each other during the spring. I love this set-up.

Iron sharpens Iron.

Well ... as you can tell from my avatar, I'm a Whitehaven supporter, but I support all of the teams from Memphis when they represent. This will be the third year in a row that Whitehaven and Trezevant have scrimmaged against each other during the spring. I love this set-up.

Iron sharpens Iron.

so glad they are scrimmaging...

How will the closing of Memphis Northside effect the enrollment at Trezevant? Just curious being that both are north Memphis schools.

BPM:

First, let me say that I don't know what schools were closed and what remain open. My response is as if Northside is the only one closed. That being said, It will have minimal affect, if any at all on Trezevant. What Memphis folk call North Memphis isn't the actual north part of Memphis. North Memphis was called North Memphis when that part of town was actually the north part of Memphis. Now, Frayser and Raleigh are the north parts of Memphis with Bartlett, which is adjacent to Raleigh, being the first small municipality you reach as you go northeast from North Memphis. Those Northside students will probably get sent to Manassas because that is the closes public school to Northside. It is also west of Northside. Some may get sent to Douglas with it being the closes public school east of Northside. BTW may get some as well. It is the closes public school south of Northside. The other school, which is north of Northside that might get some students from Northside closing would be MLK Prep.

What was the score on the scrimmage yesterday?

I'm not sure but I think it was either 3-1 or 4-1 Whitehaven. Don't quote me on that though. I did not attend the scrimmage due to prior commitments. However, I was told how it went. Nevertheless, the person I talked to about the scrimmage couldn't stay the whole time. He did see the bulk of the scrimmage. My source of information did say that CR is up to about 230 lbs. of pure muscle and he hasn't lost a step. He also confirmed a rumor that I had heard. Apparently, when CR played in the championship game he wasn't 100% healthy. He played with a strained hammy. He was in full 'Beast Mode' yesterday. He has actually gotten better. Now, that's just scary!

Edited by kwc