Riverdale Football 2016

warhawks

Let the program be under estimated.  It takes more than spring ball to make up for 10 years of neglect and ruin.

Coach K the balls in your court.  Run with it........................and pass to keep the defenses honest.

Sweat them HARD!  A couple runs of the snake should get it started nicely.  I am sure Coach Fields still knows how its done.

What was Coach RA's record while at Riverdale? I still think many people would be very pleased with that record over the same number of years. In my opinion the record would be pretty much the same had GR stayed as coach. We will never know. We do know he left because of his ability to see the future. 

Edited by runtheball

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDC no sensitivity. Just give credit where it is due. If this season is good or bad it's because of the current situation. Like old dad said the ball is in coach K court. See what he does. 

I hate to say this but coaching is way over rated. It will have more to do with talented players than anything. Usually the team with best players win. When talent is equal coaching will enter into outcome. Execution on the field and fewest mistakes will have a lot to do with outcome also. The most important season for college and pro is with the addition of new players. Recruiting is and always has been the most important season in football. Coach K get the players out and good things will happen. Bottom line.

We'll have to disagree on that just a bit.  Even while the search was ongoing we all agreed (well, almost all) that it would take some time to get the program back where we want it.  All I hope to see this year is improvement, and I'm not talking about the W-L record.  I'm talking about participation, organization, facilities, promotion, competitiveness, and all the little details that lead to the above.  

Not ruling out an improved W-L but it will require some good fortune early in the year.

TDC no sensitivity. Just give credit where it is due. If this season is good or bad it's because of the current situation. Like old dad said the ball is in coach K court. See what he does. 

The demise of the program didn't happen overnight and nor will the return. I believe the pieces are there,and it will take good fortune and time to get it all aligned .It will be a better season, but by how much remains to be seen. 

I agree Blaze45! We have to give the new coach a chance to rebuild the things that have been torn down. GO WARRIORS!!!!

What was Coach RA's record while at Riverdale? I still think many people would be very pleased with that record over the same number of years. In my opinion the record would be pretty much the same had GR stayed as coach. We will never know. We do know he left because of his ability to see the future. 

Coach a blind squirrel could have won with the team Coach A inherited.  As to what Coach R could have done with them, I never saw him choke in a playoff game.  Throw one yes, but never choke one away.  Thank you T$$AA affirmative action program!  :angry:  

While I admire your loyalty to Coach A, we will always disagree about his ability to Coach at either the 5 or 6 A level.  Jr High or Class 3a or lower he can hang, but not with the big programs.

Now enough with the past.  Coach K how are we looking? :popcorneater:

Having Kelly Holcomb as a OC is a step up.  Thank You Coach K.

Edited by Lost Old Dad

It wasn't his record that everyone was concerned with. it was the lack of concern for the players and the program that was his demise. He had no respect for his players and they because of that they didn't respect him in return.

I can tell you this, the activity in the weight room has jumped to another level. The key is seeing if they keep it up in the summer months. With players coming back and a new attitude and offense they may just surprise a few people..

Great news! This is where you win games as well! Strength and conditioning! GO WARRIORS!!!!! :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry: