Clay Co vs Hampton

uknoit2

Hampton is a solid team and they have always had good players up there and i expect this game to be a really good game. Hampton is going to stick to their game plan just like Clay Co. is going to stick to theirs until it doesn't work then both will have to adjust.  No one on Hampton's team can guard Key that's a given so i'm sure you're going to do it by committee.  Hampton has good players as well so Clay will have to figure out a way to keep them off the boards and make them take tough shots.  I'm looking for one of the best games of the day out of these two teams.

I've never stated that as a given....I've said we will not double team Key....If, IF we come out in man and handle the job at hand, you gonna come back on here and eat crow?

W'eve got enough to worry about and now you spring this on us. Dang give us a break

Wish we had a few football players on our team...Would be awesome to have an all-state'r too!!!

And I gave props to #13, he's a very good player also....We have more to worry about than just the Key kid.

Wish we had a few football players on our team...Would be awesome to have an all-state'r too!!!

And I gave props to #13, he's a very good player also....We have more to worry about than just the Key kid.

Got a boat load that played football and I'd like to see a few others out there. Some very good talent getting wasted.

I will repeat, "We will not double team Key"

if this kid gets hot why would you not double team him to see if he can handle a double team? Try to make another player step up and make some shots. Just curious on this approach. IMHO when I coach, I would never say I wasn't going to do something, I would leave every option open. For example, let's say Key has face double teams all year and has flourished .... and Hampton may have 2 kids that creates a defensive combo that gives him fits and "shuts him down" why not stick with that? But how would you know if it will work if the game plan is not to double team? Or not to throw something at him?

Just curious on your thoughts...

if this kid gets hot why would you not double team him to see if he can handle a double team? Try to make another player step up and make some shots. Just curious on this approach. IMHO when I coach, I would never say I wasn't going to do something, I would leave every option open. For example, let's say Key has face double teams all year and has flourished .... and Hampton may have 2 kids that creates a defensive combo that gives him fits and "shuts him down" why not stick with that? But how would you know if it will work if the game plan is not to double team? Or not to throw something at him?

Just curious on your thoughts...

I don't think we'll have to double team him...he doesn't create from 30' out and doesn't handle the ball all that much...unless it's an open drive or spin to the center...do I imagine we'll have 'help' defense within 15'? Sure...But we're just not a trapping, double-team kinda unit.

I don't think we'll have to double team him...he doesn't create from 30' out and doesn't handle the ball all that much...unless it's an open drive or spin to the center...do I imagine we'll have 'help' defense within 15'? Sure...But we're just not a trapping, double-team kinda unit.

love talking basketball. Good approach. I will be watching either on TV or at the gm. This thread has intrigued me to pay close attention to this gm. The anticipation is growing.

love talking basketball. Good approach. I will be watching either on TV or at the gm. This thread has intrigued me to pay close attention to this gm. The anticipation is growing.

I believe it may be one of the funnest games to be played...Others? Well, they see us getting blowed out...and very well may happen.

If you make it to the game, post early Thursday morning and you can socialize with the hicks of NE TN.... I'll introduce you to a few rednecks...and Maybe even Galilee :D

Edited by uknoit2

They might need to double team a little, this is not a one or even 2 horse race. My guess is this game will come down to the last 2 minutes. I've seen us snatch a couple of games from the jaws of defeat. The WILL to win is a huge thing and It seems our will is really strong.Like any sport about 50 percent of the game is mental.

Edited by pujo

I've never stated that as a given....I've said we will not double team Key....If, IF we come out in man and handle the job at hand, you gonna come back on here and eat crow?

You gonna get on here and eat crow when Key scores 30+ against your man defense? Hampton may win and I'm not saying they won't I'm saying you cannot guard him one on one without him scoring 30+ points. I guarantee you that your coach has help side defense!

Edited by UCSportsFan