Clay Co vs Hampton

uknoit2

Sorry Sho, but Sevier wasn't impressive...They got beat by science hill, who got beat by Unicoi Co, who we beat handily at Unicoi Co.

But this one will be Hampton vs Clay Co....should be interesting!

UC, SOS means absolutely nothing! It's all about match-ups...Hampton has proven this over and over and over in football and basketball.

Cmon now if you want to compare common opponents you guys lost to Daniel Boone by 15 who lost to Pickett who CC handily beat 4 times. DB also lost to Seiver County. So your argument that way means zero.

Cmon now if you want to compare common opponents you guys lost to Daniel Boone by 15 who lost to Pickett who CC handily beat 4 times. DB also lost to Seiver County. So your argument that way means zero.

Really on November 27? About 6-7 of pur players hadn't even set foot on the court yet and most of those players start and play a lot!

Guys, there's no use arguing over SOS or who played who.  This is state tournament time.  All of these teams are good or they wouldn't be here.  In single elimination, sometimes the better team doesn't win.  As Pujo said earlier in this thread, some days a team just has a bad shooting day (or the other team plays out of its mind) and gets sent packing. 

I hate that I can't make it down for the game.  I'd like to finally see the Dogs play and I'd also like to see Key after hearing about what he's done all year.

I'm only coming if it is Hampton/Grace in the championship, but from what I read, most people think it will be Mitchell/BTW.

Edited by KnoxMoJo

Please see replies above...We haven't lost since all the football players returned...and that didn't happen till half way thru the season.

My post on this subject was based on seeing CC game against Sevier...Not common opponents...Just figured I'd throw it in there.

As I said SOS means nothing at this point and neither does common opponents.

Heck, Hampton girls beat S Greene this season and, if memory serves, played to the wire in other meetings...SG girls won the gold ball. SOS, wins, loses, opponents are all thrown out the window at this point.

Elizabethton girls played a strong schedule and was #1 in the state...got beat first round!

Just never know

• Upvote 1

Oh, and DB is just in a mess this season...beating them isn't a feather in anyone's cap

Guys, there's no use arguing over SOS or who played who.  This is state tournament time.  All of these teams are good or they wouldn't be here.  In single elimination, sometimes the better team doesn't win.  As Pujo said earlier in this thread, some days a team just has a bad shooting day (or the other team plays out of its mind) and gets sent packing. 

I hate that I can't make it down for the game.  I'd like to finally see the Dogs play and I'd also like to see Key after hearing about what he's done all year.

I'm only coming if it is Hampton/Grace in the championship, but from what I read, most people think it will be Mitchell/BTW.

It's a shame you can't figure out a way to get down for a couple days! I got connections if you need a doctor's excuse :D

I have looked at Hampton's schedule and there aren't many good teams on it.  You haven't played anyone that could beat you since Christmas except for Grainger who did beat you and a home sectional game against Meigs County.  Your weak schedule will catch up to you on Thursday.  There are no Berean Christian or Northview Academy's in this tournament.  

Clay by 14

I'm glad I'm not the only one on here that can look at this game and get the real picture!

Hampton's sos is ridiculous! They haven't seen hardly any decent teams and when they did it was either a loss or very close!  Clay by 15