Region 6 Class 3A 2016

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreal! Congrats to that young man and all of his teammates who threw the blocks for him. It sounds like it was no doubt a performance to have seen!

Great job for sure! Those Cheatham Co and Fairview  backs have got to be licking there chops as they have yet to play that EH defense.

WOW!!! Great job and congratulations to that young man. Can you say beast mode?

What really amazes me about what Teaton Wienk did Friday night was that he also played practically every down

On defense and special teams. He is truly an "iron man. " Just glad I got to witness

The feat.

The Region 6-3A Standings:

1.). Fairview: 6-0 (2-0)

1.). Camden: 4-1 (2-0)

3.). Cheatham: 4-3 (2-1)

4.). Harpeth: 5-1 (1-1)

5.). Sycamore: 4-3 (1-2)

5.). Stewart: 3-4 (1-2)

7.). East Hickman: 0-7 (0-3)

Week 8 Games:

Fairview at Sycamore (Thursday): Fairview is the only overall unbeaten team in the region. Sycamore has dropped tough games to Harpeth and Cheatham and now must beat Fairview and Camden for any playoff hopes.

Camden at Cheatham: Camden is perfect in the region and now they must run the Cheatham County gauntlet before their showdown with Fairview. Cheatham is pretty safe as far as the playoff picture is concerned however they must beat Camden if they want to host a first round home playoff game.

Harpeth at East Hickman: the Indians dropped their region opener to Camden but aside from that they've been rock solid this season. East Hickman is a game they must win if they wish to keep track with the region heavyweights. East Hickman is transitioning under a new coach and although they are low on numbers their kids will play hard.

Sycamore seems to be pretty anemic on offense so I expect the Jackets to win decisively. Cheatham made our run defense look bad. Hopefully the coaches will be able to rectify the situation before traveling to Camden in a couple weeks. Cheatham can run the ball very well but Fairview completely blew it on several big plays.

If Camden can stop Cheatham's run game, they will win. If not, they'll be in a shootout just like Fairview.

Harpeth will run the clock on East.

Hey guys! Not familiar with Region 6-3A at all other than knowing that Camden has been a very good consistent team for a while now.

I'm on this thread to ask a question: What's wrong with East Hickman?

Lack of athletes? Coaching? Support? Or are they not just a football school?

I saw their schedule from previous years and I noticed they defeated (10-0) South Gibson County from a few years ago in the first round of the playoffs. I drove past East Hickman and it looks like a pretty nice school with good updated facilities, I'm assuming that's it's a new school. Obviously, 0-10 season is just down the road for the Eagles, and no kid wants to be a part of that. I like that the fact that y'all are supportive on this thread! But, what's wrong with the mighty Eagles? They're having troubles taking off, someone help fix their wings!

East Hickman has never won more than 7 games in a single season. The year they beat south Gibson they were still below 500 so they have never been a dominant type program. The big thing to me is that is a small county with limited resources to begin with and then you split the talent pool for sports by building east Hickman. It's first year was 2007. Hickman County was never dominant at football, they would have a good year hear and there but never consistently and then you take a 1/3 of the kids to east Hickman. This same thing has happened in Montgomery county as well.

As stated before East Hickman opened in 2007 and is in its 10th football season. The Eagles have had one winning season and have made the playoffs in 2012 and in 2013 with two very talented rosters. After the 2013 season the talent level fell off and the coach of seven years was let go after last season. First year coach Brian Pence has taken over a program that has eight players that were on last years roster and actually four that got playing time last year. Coach Pence has worked really hard with the jv this year scheduling as many games possible just to try to get some experience on this team. Its going to take a couple years to get this program competitive again.