Region 6 Class 3A 2016

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be the last year if it does happen. They (CPA) are going D2 next season

4 times in 6 years if it does take place. Plus a substate basketball team (and a substate baseball team from Sycamore this past spring). There have been many seniors from Cheatham County who've played their final high school athletic event against CPA.

4 times in 6 years if it does take place. Plus a substate basketball team (and a substate baseball team from Sycamore this past spring). There have been many seniors from Cheatham County who've played their final high school athletic event against CPA.

you can throw in lady Cubs basketball substate last year as well.

I'm curious as to how many kids Harpeth has lost to cpa,ncs and Ensworth over the years. Kids that live in Kingston Springs or Pegram but attend the privates from a young age. Tough area to coach a public school

shoot they have no range limit. I've seen BA go all the way out to hickman. The question should be how many midstate schools have lost how many players to them haha

shoot they have no range limit. I've seen BA go all the way out to hickman. The question should be how many midstate schools have lost how many players to them haha

Not being defensive in any way but there is a big difference between BA / MBA / Ensworth and CPA. The good CPA football teams of the past 6 years or so have basically been composed of kids from the same community. That's not true with the big D-II teams. We've got a great coaching staff, great participation from the student body, and a great strength and conditioning program. And have been blessed with some exceptional athletes.

I'll miss 3A because I think 3A/4A is the perfect size for high school football. I understand the debates about how private and open enrollment schools have advantages over normal public schools and I don't disagree. But, if you are worried about schools losing good athletes to privates, putting all the privates in a group where they can indeed provide financial aid to student athletes is only going to make it worse :(