Antioch searching again

asiatic2412

Keep that in mind when Gallatin has an opening. Never mind,Antioch just let Gallatin's next head football coach go.

This response. This whole thread has NOTHING to do with Gallatin!! I simply stated that Cane Ridge got a quality coach from Memphis and he has seemed to fit into that community really well. Before, you were throwing out various metro assistants, I just added what worked a short road down the street. Whomever they get, hope it works out. Insinuating Gallatin needs to hire Hall, who I have talked to and is a fine fella, to be the next head coach at Gallatin, who is not in the market for a head coach, is just out there. Again nothing to do with Antioch's situation.

Antioch does not need to look in Memphis to find a coach. Plenty of good coaches already here. There is something to be said with getting local people who know Metro or Gallatin and traditions and what it takes to coach here. No need to go outside. That is what I am saying about coach Hall. Legend at Gallatin, knows community, knows school tradition and history. Green and gold mean something to him.This is what I have been trying to say. When you said look to Memphis, it is an insult to all area coaches.Just my opinion. As for coach at Cane Ridge, one year is just one year. Time will tell how good a hire this will be.

Edited by fb247

Antioch does not need to look in Memphis to find a coach. Plenty of good coaches already here. There is something to be said with getting local people who know Metro or Gallatin and traditions and what it takes to coach here. No need to go outside. That is what I am saying about coach Hall. Legend at Gallatin, knows community, knows school tradition and history. Green and gold mean something to him.This is what I have been trying to say. When you said look to Memphis, it is an insult to all area coaches.Just my opinion. As for coach at Cane Ridge, one year is just one year. Time will tell how good a hire this will be.

Sounds good after figuring out what you been trying to say. I still say hire the best person for the job no matter where they are from, their color, or what politics are involved.

I too can get behind this post. I now understand what you are saying.

There is a TSSAA rule that states as long as you have at least 5 years experience as an assistant then you can become a HC if you aren't certified. How are so many of the Titans guys becoming HC? I'm sure they aren't certified either lol.

Harris is a really good coach from PC. From what I heard He is certified and Lopez is going the Transitional route. I don't see Lopez leaving Hillsboro as long as Clayton is there either like Work mentioned. He has been the DC at Hillsboro the past 4 years & played for Clayton in HS and collegiately at Memphis.

Brunette will be at PC awhile so I can see Harris leaving for the right opportunity. He is a bright young mind. Kids love him at PC from what I have been told. Plus he played HS ball at PC so I would think it would have to be the right situation for him to leave as well.

Antioch I believe needs either a young, hungry HC or a guy like Woodward. Woodward has proven he can win there and probably realized pretty quickly the grass wasnt greener on the other side from his Brentwood days where he was set up to fail by Pemberton.. I also believe a guy like Brian Waite from East Nashville would be a great option for Antioch if he wants the job. He would be my first call, then Woodward.. Both of these coaches are proven winners as HC so they would be my two favorites

ANTIOCH HIGH SCHOOL

Head Varsity Football Coach

YOU MUST BE A CERTIFIED TEACHER TO APPLY.

INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND A RESUME TO ROOSEVELT SANDERS, ATHLETIC DIRECTOR FOR METROPOLITAN NASHVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS, 2601 BRANSFORD AVE, NASHVILLE, TN 37204 (615) 259-8783 ON OR BEFORE MARCH 28, 2016 .

EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

NON-DISCRIMINATION:  There shall be no discrimination in the filling of positions, administrative or classroom, or extracurricular, because of race, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, color, age and/or disability.  Nor shall an applicant for a position be discriminated against because of grade level taught where that experience is not requisite to the desired qualification.

Employment, practices shall be consistent with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.

Edited by fb247

Antioch High School is taking applications for for the position of Head Varsity Football Coach. Applicants should have a valid Tennessee teacher's license or the ability to obtain license. All certifications will be considered. Please send a letter of interest and resume' to Melissa Harkreader, executive Principal: Melissa.harkreader@mnps.org. Applications will be accepted through March 30, 2016.