Van buren vs btw

warrior1981

You're right. In fact, as soon as you score 2 points why not just hold the ball the rest of the time. Who needs to play a ball game? It'd be different if it was the 4th quarter.

i assume you prefer BTW being up by 30 and scoring 80 pts. VB doesn't belong on the floor with BTW. They're doing them just by holding it honestly. 

BTW was the better team and deserves to move on. I don't know if that's your team but if they face Mitchell I hope so bad that BTW wins it over them. Good luck.

I'm not a fan, I just watched the game as a fan of TN high school ball. the team i follow actually lost their final 4 game (DII) also, the opponent held the ball and we didn't apply enough pressure or make enough shots as well. I know it sucks but its apart of the game. 

You're right. In fact, as soon as you score 2 points why not just hold the ball the rest of the time. Who needs to play a ball game? It'd be different if it was the 4th quarter.

I've seen it done before. If you want the ball, go and get the darn ball.

High school basketball teams went to Murfreesboro to win basketball games, not to entertain people.

I thought it was good basketball. BTW felt they had the advantage when we were in man. Wish we would have played a little more aggressively on offense when breaking the press, but BTW's athleticism had a lot to do with that. Congrats to them on the win and I'm proud of our boys and the season they had. Congrats to Drew, Slayton, and Garth on playing your last game in the semi finals of the state. We'll miss you. To the rest of the boys, you now know what you have to do to get what you want, all it takes is work. Go Eagles.

Enjoyed watching VB play this year. Basketball teams can get wins in a number of ways. They can physically dominate the other team (bigger, stronger, taller, quicker) or they can have a better strategy on how to win the game. Once the ball goes up at the state tournament, most teams are pretty even on the floor so it comes down to strategy on how to win. I do not fault BTW on how they played to beat VB. Every team should have a game plan on how to win and that was their plan...to get us out of the zone. The 3 point line has changed the game forever and a shot clock will reduce game plans from 32 minutes to 30 seconds.

Edited by WoodenFan