District 14AA and Region 7AA 2016/17 season

WestTNHoopsFan

I got whoever wins between Dburg and WV in the region championship vs SS. No one in 14AA has an for Reed and Rose down low

I remember last year you counted all the other teams out in 14AA and said SS was the team to beat, and they didn't even make it to the Regional Championship.

I'm not putting anyone in the reg championship game because you don't know how the gone bounce or how the refs are going to the games leading up to that game.

Dyersburg can create a lot of things of the dribble. It is true the live a lot by the 3. I think they play really good Def. I think it could do them some good to lose a regular season game. In order to make them hungry at tourney time. Westview is really good at home and having a 5th year senior helps a lot. WV and Dyersburg are the best teams in 13AA.again I say if you can stay away from Dyersburg you have a chance.

Dyersburg can create a lot of things of the dribble. It is true the live a lot by the 3. I think they play really good Def. I think it could do them some good to lose a regular season game. In order to make them hungry at tourney time. Westview is really good at home and having a 5th year senior helps a lot. WV and Dyersburg are the best teams in 13AA.again I say if you can stay away from Dyersburg you have a chance.

5th year sr? Explain?

Tnrazrbac has a good point on D-burg. They have what it takes to win the region. Speed, shooters, pretty good defensively, and Senior leadership.

D-burg has really good players, probably better players than anyone else but they don't have the athletes that FW has. Westview is a lot better than everyone expected coming into the season and can score the basketball.

Going to be interesting in both districts. Definitely will be some upsets!

I remember last year you counted all the other teams out in 14AA and said SS was the team to beat, and they didn't even make it to the Regional Championship.

I'm not putting anyone in the reg championship game because you don't know how the gone bounce or how the refs are going to the games leading up to that game.

You are correct. Just my early prediction. FW beat SS in 2OT last night. 

Tnrazrbac has a good point on D-burg. They have what it takes to win the region. Speed, shooters, pretty good defensively, and Senior leadership.

D-burg has really good players, probably better players than anyone else but they don't have the athletes that FW has. Westview is a lot better than everyone expected coming into the season and can score the basketball.

Going to be interesting in both districts. Definitely will be some upsets!

You have to make McMillian and Sams put the ball on the floor. If they set their feet you can just about count it. If the 3 is not falling they struggle

Won't be any upsets in this district except if you counted 4/5 game an upset.

McNairy, Chester and Bolivar will not beat one of the top 3.  Question is who will get advantage by playing at home.  McNairy/Chester game will be huge, Chester win good mean a 3 way tie.

FW's win last night puts them in first, SS will be 2nd and Lexington 3rd.  I don't think Lexington will beat SS again so FW and SS in finals.

None of these teams will beat Dyersburg, they can score and they play great defense and all of them can handle the ball.  Westview, Crocket and Obion can be beat but also have the ability to beat 14AA this year

5th year sr? Explain?

PG guard at WV went to Memphis as a freshman played but didn't receive enough credits to be a sophomore. so returned to WV and played again as a freshman. TSSAA ruled in there favor this summer that he was still edible to play this season. So it is legit according to TSSAA. he is defiantly a play maker for them. 

Edited by Tnrazrbac

Won't be any upsets in this district except if you counted 4/5 game an upset.

McNairy, Chester and Bolivar will not beat one of the top 3.  Question is who will get advantage by playing at home.  McNairy/Chester game will be huge, Chester win good mean a 3 way tie.

FW's win last night puts them in first, SS will be 2nd and Lexington 3rd.  I don't think Lexington will beat SS again so FW and SS in finals.

None of these teams will beat Dyersburg, they can score and they play great defense and all of them can handle the ball.  Westview, Crocket and Obion can be beat but also have the ability to beat 14AA this year

Crockett has lost their Point guard so they maybe out of the loop. Obion is very inconsistent but has players that can make plays if they ever figure out how to put a whole game together. Dburg and WV are the best in 13AA. But still could see some possible upsets at a neutral floor... I.E South Gibson host the district tourney.