Region 4 1A

When I say "bad Perry County team" you have to understand my position. Beating Mt Pleasant on Friday was their first win since 10/31/14. They did go 0-10 last year. In 2014 they were 2-8. Id have to say they are pretty far down.

Friday will be a huge test for the Eagles. It will definitely tell if they are playoff ready or not. IF they can walk out with a win, that should legitimize that they may make that first ever playoff trip. A loss could have them questioning themselves. 

When I say "bad Perry County team" you have to understand my position. Beating Mt Pleasant on Friday was their first win since 10/31/14. They did go 0-10 last year. In 2014 they were 2-8. Id have to say they are pretty far down.

Friday will be a huge test for the Eagles. It will definitely tell if they are playoff ready or not. IF they can walk out with a win, that should legitimize that they may make that first ever playoff trip. A loss could have them questioning themselves.

I wasn't bashing, just poking you a little but at the same time Summertown is not very good either. They still got a long way to go before they're contenders in the playoffs, starting with the line on both sides of the ball. Stown may make playoffs this year because after the top two in your region the rest is really down and weak right now. I will also say that I think given time Stown will be making serious noise in the playoffs just as they have in baseball and basketball.

I wasn't bashing, just poking you a little but at the same time Summertown is not very good either. They still got a long way to go before they're contenders in the playoffs, starting with the line on both sides of the ball. Stown may make playoffs this year because after the top two in your region the rest is really down and weak right now. I will also say that I think given time Stown will be making serious noise in the playoffs just as they have in baseball and basketball.

If anything they'll get 4th in the region probably behind huntland. And that still seems unlikely... But even if they do make playoffs, I just don't see them making it past round 1

Are you a Wayne Co fan? The reason I ask is Summertown Middle handles them decently. Just beat them 22-0 earlier this year. I havent said contenders in the playoffs. I said contenders for a spot. Only a fool would expect to win a playoff game in only the second year of varsity football. Summertown is pretty far ahead of last year, so basing opinions off of last year wont do any good.. This is a vastly different team.

Are you a Wayne Co fan? The reason I ask is Summertown Middle handles them decently. Just beat them 22-0 earlier this year. I havent said contenders in the playoffs. I said contenders for a spot. Only a fool would expect to win a playoff game in only the second year of varsity football. Summertown is pretty far ahead of last year, so basing opinions off of last year wont do any good.. This is a vastly different team.

Ain't nobody here talking about middle school, cause we all know Wayne county would whoop y'all in varsity

I am a Summertown fan and I agree we will win a few and yes we will lose a few. Huntland will be a big test for the Eagles. With Taylor in the back field and his abilities on the defensive side of the ball Huntland could possibly take #3 in the region. If the Eagles come out Friday and play with emotions like they finished with in the Loretto game it will be one to watch.

If the Eagles can focus on Taylor and hold him to just a little over 100 yards rushing? Summertown has just as good a shot as any beating Huntland.

mTp's success last year in beating Huntland was doing just that, and the fact that Huntland last year was very one dimensional in where they ran him. By the 4th qtr that poor kid was gased.

Edited by Big Bigby

If the Eagles can focus on Taylor and hold him to just a little over 100 yards rushing? Summertown has just as good a shot as any beating Huntland.

mTp's success last year in beating Huntland was doing just that, and the fact that Huntland last year was very one dimensional in where they ran him. By the 4th qtr that poor kid was gased.

Taylor had over 250 yards on MTP last year and we held a 28-20 lead until the other RB suffered a MCL injury and he had 107 yards at that time. Our starting OLB and TE also went down in the 3rd which caused mass subs playing and MTP scoring 36 unanswered points. Fayetteville City last year we lost 3 guys to knees and 7 knees total on the season hopefully we can stay more healthy this season. Only 1 knee to city this season.

Taylor had over 250 yards on MTP last year and we held a 28-20 lead until the other RB suffered a MCL injury and he had 107 yards at that time. Our starting OLB and TE also went down in the 3rd which caused mass subs playing and MTP scoring 36 unanswered points. Fayetteville City last year we lost 3 guys to knees and 7 knees total on the season hopefully we can stay more healthy this season. Only 1 knee to city this season.

Never meant to imply mTp held him to 100 yards or so but that "IF the Eagles could". I remember Taylor ran all over my Tigers the first half last year in that game, but the Tiger D adjusted in the 2nd half and kept him from putting up major points on the board. Like I said, he was "gased in the 4th qtr" doing so and (besides said injuries) it also helped mTp come back and put that game away without him 100%. Thanks for the stats though.

After re-reading my post I see how you took it that way. My bad.

Edited by Big Bigby