Dobyns-Bennett Football 2016

tribe141

Waco you didn't hurt my feelings. I'm here to give my opinions, the facts that i do know, and my assumption. Eastman is a big part of talent at db. But talent that I'm speaking of is from the tricities an others small surrounding areas. Their not getting kids from Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis. Db will never be state championship material, they only dominant until you start getting into the knoxville area. Greenville might be the only exception that could continually beat db. Science hill as of late, but, science hill is a dominant basketball program. Football at science hill was an after thought until about 6yrs ago when Stacey Carter took over.

I'd bet the farm you can't name one player in any sport at DB that Eastman gave a job to their parents just to get the kid to play sports at DB.

Swipes I'm not here to argue with you, i just wanna talk sports. I know at eastman you might make 55k I'm just speaking about with unlimited overtime that could bump you up to 70-80. I know 70k isn't just handed out. I know a few that works there, i know how it works.

I'm not here to argue with you about Eastman's pay scale either but I know the way you are making it sound that any joe smoe makes 70k a year which if true there would be alot more people moving to Kingsport. (I have family that have retired from Eastman and current family and friends that work there and don't make 70k a year and some have college degrees), but to say this is were DB gets their athletes is far from the truth

Tells me how much you know about north east tn because I've never seen a Greenville in tn.....

Sorry Compton but I have to insult you again! The Eastman thing is ridiculous! DB just lost a player that was a Freahman last year because his Momma needed a job and could not find one in this area, and had to move away! This was one of the biggest, most athletic kids to come through Kingsport City school system in years. Big time college Body and skill! If someone knows the information better than I do, but the kid was not shorter than 6''6 probably no less than 260 and was catching passes one handed like it was no problem! He had good speed for a big man and would have been a prospect at Tight End, Defensive End, Offensive or Deffensive Tackle, or maybe baseball as well. If what you say was true the kid would still be an Indian! Greeneville is good but history will tell you they don't beat DB and would not have last year or this year! I don't think scrimmages count for much other than an opportunity to work on the things you need to work on!

Sorry Compton but I have to insult you again! The Eastman thing is ridiculous! DB just lost a player that was a Freahman last year because his Momma needed a job and could not find one in this area, and had to move away! This was one of the biggest, most athletic kids to come through Kingsport City school system in years. Big time college Body and skill! If someone knows the information better than I do, but the kid was not shorter than 6''6 probably no less than 260 and was catching passes one handed like it was no problem! He had good speed for a big man and would have been a prospect at Tight End, Defensive End, Offensive or Deffensive Tackle, or maybe baseball as well. If what you say was true the kid would still be an Indian! Greeneville is good but history will tell you they don't beat DB and would not have last year or this year! I don't think scrimmages count for much other than an opportunity to work on the things you need to work on!

Last time The Devils and the Indians played in a regular season didn't end to well for the tribe but that's been 14 years ago. Greeneville has never been scared to play anyone and yes you are correct the overall record hasn't been favorable for Greeneville, but they only played 5 times since 1999 and there has been some really close games and the last one ended in Devil victory and DB making it to the Semis in 5a. I'm sure yall would take a loss from the Devils if it ment making back to the semis lol

Thanks for everyone educating me on that. Not being from there i just assumed Oakridge, Maryville, alcoa benefited from the knoxville kids. Something you guys might know is db benefits from Eastman company. Parents with good athletic kids jobs are giving to them so their son can attend at db.

Well I was going to comment on the Eastman thing but decided to read ahead and saw that several have already set Compton straight. Now I do know of a few cases where smaller businesses have increased existing workers pay enough so that they can suddenly afford city school tuition though...

And 70k can be made at Eastman by an hourly employee if they want to work overtime. It won't just be handed to you but if you are willing to work it can happen.

Well,I can speak on any of this since Greeneville is my school,Eastman is my job and a couple of my kids went to DB.First ,Eastman doesn't care where your kid goes to school and you can make 70 plus unless your not willing to work extra.2nd,DB has some great coaches and players but do they get the bang for the buck.That depends on who you talk to . 3rd,and this is my opinion .There is a reason Greeneville has went from a normal football school to a contender and two time champion in the last few years . They now play schools their size and have great coaches top to bottom without any bad links that know how to motivate kids without disrespecting them. I can't imagine if Greeneville was 3 times bigger and the size of DB. Nobody up here would even dream of that matchup these days.Already the 6A bar has been set by a 5A size school and Maryville is where you compare your 6A program to.Greeneville at 800 plus students has all to gain by playing DB but this matchup would only be salt in the wound for DB if they got spanked.Nothing to gain at that gate with both schools having great backing already.

Edited by BatmanDB

I wasn't knocking db in any way if that was the case. Even if they recruited within eastman to get players, if it's legit then there's nothing wrong it. Most of db talent is born in raised in kingsport, plus a few nfl. But 1 or 2 stories about eastman inside recruiting um... maybe, but when you hear around 20+ stories then something isn't right.

You must live on Cypress Hill because you're Insane in the Membrane.

So yore sayin' thait thes jobs fer tha parunts reqwire tham two bee athletick like thair kids ere...???..... :popcorneater:

LOL!!! I work at Eastman,Yeah everyone at the Big E is REAL athletic. Everybody walking around there looks like Jalen Freaking Hurd.Heck, I decided to come over to this forum to ruffle some feathers last week,one fan accused me of drawing a welfare check. I wish someone would tell me where they handed out the enrollments for my kids to go to DB. According to the guy from oakridge, my company issues them out for my kids. I have not heard a thing about it at work. My kid goes to North. lol