Reclassification for 2017-2021

TCVeritas

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 privates in with the Publics. Not all 24 have declared they are leaving... Probably waiting on today. Seems to me their options are A- Secure a large amount of endowment to give to Athletes or B-Stay in with the publics and cut all Work Study programs and tuition discounts for multi child families. Hard Call to make. Looks like D2 2A will be loaded with the likes of BA Ensworth Notre Dame CAK Knox Webb and probably CPA... Thats 5 teams that have all won State titles in Recent years..... 

Edited by OrangeTiger

From a competition standpoint, the private schools playing in D1 1A have a lot to think about now.  With D2 going to 3 classes, the D2 1A class just got watered down big time!  BGA, ECS, FACS, Harding, Lausanne, N. Point, St. George, USJ, & Knox Webb all got bumped up to D2 2A.  That leaves Davidson Academy as the only school in D2 1A to have every won a state championship since the inception of D2 in TN ('97).

If you're goal is to win state championships no matter the circumstances, D2 1A just got a lot more appealing to Clarksville Academy, MTCS, NCS, Columbia Academy, etc. 

One other thing regarding D2...the D2 2A classification just got crazy.  How does BA, Ensworth, MBA, & MUS sound in D2 2A?  I bet they play up but who knows.  As it stands, they could be in D2 2A with the likes of Boyd & Silverdale (if they played D2).

From a competition standpoint, the private schools playing in D1 1A have a lot to think about now.  With D2 going to 3 classes, the D2 1A class just got watered down big time!  BGA, ECS, FACS, Harding, Lausanne, N. Point, St. George, USJ, & Knox Webb all got bumped up to D2 2A.  That leaves Davidson Academy as the only school in D2 1A to have every won a state championship since the inception of D2 in TN ('97).

If you're goal is to win state championships no matter the circumstances, D2 1A just got a lot more appealing to Clarksville Academy, MTCS, NCS, Columbia Academy, etc. 

One other thing regarding D2...the D2 2A classification just got crazy.  How does BA, Ensworth, MBA, & MUS sound in D2 2A?  I bet they play up but who knows.  As it stands, they could be in D2 2A with the likes of Boyd & Silverdale (if they played D2).

I think the TSSAA is trying to entice and push all private schools into D2.  Seems the vast majority would go into D2 1A which as you stated is "watered down."  Or if they try to stay in D1 the TSSAA has removed the 1 class increase cap for the 1.8 multiplier and a private would move up however many classes their population x 1.8 dictates. Many 1A and 2A privates would not want to play in 3A or 4A.

I think the TSSAA is trying to entice and push all private schools into D2.  Seems the vast majority would go into D2 1A which as you stated is "watered down."  Or if they try to stay in D1 the TSSAA has removed the 1 class increase cap for the 1.8 multiplier and a private would move up however many classes their population x 1.8 dictates. Many 1A and 2A privates would not want to play in 3A or 4A.

I agree that the TSSAA is trying to get all privates to go D2.  But, with the crazy enrollment numbers (only 7 schools qualify for the top division), it doesn't sound very enticing for those privates at 266 or above to "get" to play against Ensworth and Brentwood Academy if those schools choose to not play up.  Based on 2014, that would include Boyd, Silverdale, Goodpasture, and Grace Christian.  I also heard Columbia Academy has grown enough to be in this class as well.

Seems like TSSAA's actions could have the opposite effect - these privates will go to great lengths to stay in D1.

By the way, since MBA and MUS are all-male, their enrollment figures are doubled.

I agree that the TSSAA is trying to get all privates to go D2.  But, with the crazy enrollment numbers (only 7 schools qualify for the top division), it doesn't sound very enticing for those privates at 266 or above to "get" to play against Ensworth and Brentwood Academy if those schools choose to not play up.  Based on 2014, that would include Boyd, Silverdale, Goodpasture, and Grace Christian.  I also heard Columbia Academy has grown enough to be in this class as well.

Seems like TSSAA's actions could have the opposite effect - these privates will go to great lengths to stay in D1.

By the way, since MBA and MUS are all-male, their enrollment figures are doubled.

I agree with you, but aren't most privates in D1 now less than the 266?  Thought I saw that some where.