Reclassification for 2017-2021

TCVeritas

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenback & Coalfield both are ranked in the top 10 of lowest enrollments of schools with Football teams. I understand it from your POV though as a team like Union City, Peabody, Trousdale and a couple others are nearly double than those 2 schools but then again, how can they fix it?

First, go look at some of the smaller teams schedules...they already travel, and travel more in the playoffs. Second, by taking the top and bottom 32 it give those teams a fair chance to compete especially where depth is concerned. Also, if the rest of the schools were spread out evenly it would be more fair for those schools.

First, go look at some of the smaller teams schedules...they already travel, and travel more in the playoffs. Second, by taking the top and bottom 32 it give those teams a fair chance to compete especially where depth is concerned. Also, if the rest of the schools were spread out evenly it would be more fair for those schools.

You must have missed my post above that broke all of this down...

I gave the bottom 32 but when you do that and you are left with about 19 schools in 1A whose enrollments range from around 340-399 and then they would have to join 2A with schools of up to 599 kids...so there is a ton more to it then just taking the bottom 32 out. Cause it leaves the rest of current 1A just lost in the shuffle.

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

You must have missed my post above that broke all of this down...

I gave the bottom 32 but when you do that and you are left with about 19 schools in 1A whose enrollments range from around 340-399 and then they would have to join 2A with schools of up to 599 kids...so there is a ton more to it then just taking the bottom 32 out. Cause it leaves the rest of current 1A just lost in the shuffle.

Actually I saw it......it is much easier to find depth and field a team with340-399 than 175 to 340.

Actually I saw it......it is much easier to find depth and field a team with340-399 than 175 to 340.

Well yes of course it is and I'm not arguing that but I'm saying they don't have a ton of options to accommodate all schools. The model I came up with seems like the best thing but that leaves 19 teams in 1A so I highly doubt that happens.

I belief nothing will change other than the Privates being moved out to DII and then 3-4 1A teams being moved up to 2A and 2-3 2A teams being moved down to 1A. Best guess on teams moving to 2A... Houston County, Union City, Peabody and perhaps Booker T. Washington, Summertown & maybe Oneida & KIPP Memphis. And the most likely in 2A currently to be moved down to 1A...

Oliver Springs, Oakhaven, Hampton, Cosby and perhaps Eagleville & McKenzie. But we won't know til we have their enrollments for this year which will come out late August I believe.

And thanks BasinAlum, I put quite a bit of time and work into all of that info in that post.

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Well yes of course it is and I'm not arguing that but I'm saying they don't have a ton of options to accommodate all schools. The model I came up with seems like the best thing but that leaves 19 teams in 1A so I highly doubt that happens.

I belief nothing will change other than the Privates being moved out to DII and then 3-4 1A teams being moved up to 2A and 2-3 2A teams being moved down to 1A. Best guess on teams moving to 2A... Houston County, Union City, Peabody and perhaps Booker T. Washington, Summertown & maybe Oneida & KIPP Memphis. And the most likely in 2A currently to be moved down to 1A...

Oliver Springs, Oakhaven, Hampton, Cosby and perhaps Eagleville & McKenzie. But we won't know til we have their enrollments for this year which will come out late August I believe.

And thanks BasinAlum, I put quite a bit of time and work into all of that info in that post.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I like playing the teams in the new region 6 but the travel is terrible! It's a long haul to Clarksville and Huntingdon

I think you are dead on the money unless they go 5 classes.