Reclassification for 2017-2021

TCVeritas

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just blow it all up. The rumbling is Brentwood Academy and Ensworth are seriously considering not playing up to the largest Class in Division II, for some reason, which could make some teams stay Division I to avoid them.

With a lack of total split possible, open zone still an issue, just completely scrap districts/regions. Let teams set their own 2 year schedules. Less travel and more money games.

For postseason, any team winning at least 5 games qualifies. Order them first by largest (Cookeville, etc) to smallest then divide into 6. Private schools get 2.0 or 1.5 multiplier. Teams moving up for postseason, Ensworth, Maryville etc have to declare before regular season starts.

Teams could load up with weak opponents but playoffs, after school size and location, would be set by computer rankings so such a team would get a tougher first round opponent. Go to Sonny moore website for an idea on how they'd be set.

I know you know what you are talking about, so what are the reasons that they will play up?  Is it travel?  Or just not attracted to beating everyone by 60?

Not so sure I do know what I'm talking about.They have 000000000000000 business playing you guys or similar private schools.They may have their reasons to play down but I think it a bad idea for everyone involved.

Not so sure I do know what I'm talking about.They have 000000000000000 business playing you guys or similar private schools.They may have their reasons to play down but I think it a bad idea for everyone involved.

Do you think they should have divided the 3 classes in DII evenly instead of strictly by a set enrollment?  

Do you think they should have divided the 3 classes in DII evenly instead of strictly by a set enrollment?  

That would be better,enrollment means nothing when you are an athletic magnet. I do think 2 classes would have been fine. Pretty much any private school has access to enough kids to build a dang good team. Its mainly got to do with their Mission.