Harriman Football 2016

Harriman will not beat Coalfield this year. Lost to much and Coalfield returns to much. We just shut down Stone who was a deep playoff team in 4A last year. Coalfield will win districts.

You might want to study up a little more on the teams in our region Jacketman. Harriman hasn't taken a step back from last year as we will be just as good and possibly better than last year. Try telling that to Greenback because the road to win the district goes through them right now. You could very well contend for 1st or 2nd place, but on the flip side don't be surprised if you lose to Greenback and Harriman and end up in 3rd. No disrespect but it's not that simple for Coalfield. Every team in our region has their hands absolutely full with the talent that we have in Region 2. You did an impressive thing by defeating Stone, but keep in mind that it's not the same Stone team as last year. You guys have a very respectable program and we look forward to hosting you later this season!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to study up a little more on the teams in our region Jacketman. Harriman hasn't taken a step back from last year as we will be just as good and possibly better than last year. Try telling that to Harriman because the road to win the district goes through them right now. You could very well contend for 1st or 2nd place, but on the flip side don't be surprised if you lose to Harriman and Harriman and end up in 3rd. No disrespect but it's not that simple for Coalfield.Everyone in our region has their hands absolutely full with the talent that we have in Harriman.You did an impressive thing by defeating Stone, but keep in mind that it's not the same Stone team as last year. You guys have a very respectable program and Harriman looks forward to kicking your butt later this season!

I fixed it for you SW.I just put what you wanted to say.I'm helping you come out of your shell.Getem Sloth!

Fan support is not good!GB vs Harriman for the region 2 championship game last year was a dud!I was so disappointed, I was telling GFD on the way I expected a rowdy crowd.We had the crowd and Harriman had a bunch of empty seats.You want to see fan support come to GB on a Fri night when we play a region game,awesome atmosphere!

Yeah, it was the same way for us in the second round, a lot of empty seats.

Yeah, it was the same way for us in the second round, a lot of empty seats.

I'll admit myself that it's been disappointing seeing empty seats at games in years past. Part of it is due to the down years we've had and people just not having interest which is a shame! I will say this though, for how spread out our venue is the number of fans we actually have there can be deceiving at times. If 1/2 of those people who stand the fence or sit on the hill actually sat in the home stands we would be packed full! I would much rather that happen than the fans being so spread out, but it is what it is. There are a number of us that are True Blue and will support those boys no matter the score or the scenario. I'm proud of where i'm from and I wish more people in our community would take more pride and get behind these boys and give them the support they deserve. The kids work their tails off for the better part of the year and it's special to look up and see a stadium packed full of fans and that's exactly what they deserve! It all comes down to pride!

I'll admit myself that it's been disappointing seeing empty seats at games in years past. Part of it is due to the down years we've had and people just not having interest which is a shame! I will say this though, for how spread out our venue is the number of fans we actually have there can be deceiving at times. If 1/2 of those people who stand the fence or sit on the hill actually sat in the home stands we would be packed full! I would much rather that happen than the fans being so spread out, but it is what it is. There are a number of us that are True Blue and will support those boys no matter the score or the scenario. I'm proud of where i'm from and I wish more people in our community would take more pride and get behind these boys and give them the support they deserve. The kids work their tails off for the better part of the year and it's special to look up and see a stadium packed full of fans and that's exactly what they deserve! It all comes down to pride!

Good points, good luck against the yellow jackets Friday. Hope you all pull it off!

You might want to study up a little more on the teams in our region Jacketman. Harriman hasn't taken a step back from last year as we will be just as good and possibly better than last year. Try telling that to Greenback because the road to win the district goes through them right now. You could very well contend for 1st or 2nd place, but on the flip side don't be surprised if you lose to Greenback and Harriman and end up in 3rd. No disrespect but it's not that simple for Coalfield. Every team in our region has their hands absolutely full with the talent that we have in Region 2. You did an impressive thing by defeating Stone, but keep in mind that it's not the same Stone team as last year. You guys have a very respectable program and we look forward to hosting you later this season!

Im not 100% sold on Harriman being better than last year. They will be more athletic but unless they got some big lineman that moved in as well then I don't think they will be better.

Im not 100% sold on Harriman being better than last year. They will be more athletic but unless they got some big lineman that moved in as well then I don't think they will be better.

The line is the key, no questions about it. If they can continue getting better then they have every chance to be better than last year. There's a lot riding on that statement though.

Yeah, blocking is key to winning ballgames. And you don't have to have a big line to be successful at that. My senior year a Trousdale County team with not a single starter over 200 lbs just dominated us and went on to win the state. Those boys just stay with their blocks till the whistle was blown. They were relentless, plus a kid by the name of Dewayne Harper sorta helped their cause in a big way.

Yeah, blocking is key to winning ballgames. And you don't have to have a big line to be successful at that. My senior year a Trousdale County team with not a single starter over 200 lbs just dominated us and went on to win the state. Those boys just stay with their blocks till the whistle was blown. They were relentless, plus a kid by the name of Dewayne Harper sorta helped their cause in a big way.

Bingo! Comes down to heart and how bad do you want it! Appreciate the well wishes RTL! I hope and pray with everything in me that around this time tomorrow I can report to you that we've ended the streak and started the season 1-0!!