New TSSAA classifications for 2017-2018

32hammer

After the privates are gone then what is going to be the multiplier for the open enrollment schools. You know that will be next because someone will be left out not holding a golden ball. Now everyone is assuming Alcoa will move up Why worry about that their enrollment is 2a. Go with it. Society wants everything given to them. To be the best beat the best. In 4 years there will another class and then we give out 10 golden balls.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the privates are gone then what is going to be the multiplier for the open enrollment schools. You know that will be next because someone will be left out not holding a golden ball. Now everyone is assuming Alcoa will move up Why worry about that their enrollment is 2a. Go with it. Society wants everything given to them. To be the best beat the best. In 4 years there will another class and then we give out 10 golden balls.

Open enrollment will be the next target.

The multiplier rule on open enrollment schools should twenty students per player out of the area to get some schools on even playing ground.  If they don't do something soon fans will drift away in droves when the same teams dominate year after year. There is also some common sense that should apply when one school reaches out over a long distance to get players and another teams players are almost walking distance from school.

The multiplier rule on open enrollment schools should twenty students per player out of the area to get some schools on even playing ground. If they don't do something soon fans will drift away in droves when the same teams dominate year after year. There is also some common sense that should apply when one school reaches out over a long distance to get players and another teams players are almost walking distance from school.

it happens a lot in the west side of the state. There are schools that RECRUIT kids from other county's. I know that is a word associated with privates but there many publics that operate under the cover of open enrollment and recruite. Now understand I am old school, who cares who recruits. Beat their tail and rub there nose in it. I am a private and I may sound like sour grapes. But it is as far from the truth. I come from a small private who has played up because of the multiplier. I think it is great. I want my son to learn nothing is given to him. We do not look at it as an excuse, it is a challenge. But I do believe now that privates are out people will see where the advantage is at. Open enrollment schools, come play for us for free. Or in privates come play for us and oh by the way pay 8000.00 for tuition. Just my thoughts. I know cheating goes on. But not just in the privates. Good luck to all. Just hate TN is watering down the state champion. And I come from a school that has NEVER won a state championship.

If Alcoa plays 2A they wouldn't play anyone who could stay within 80 points of em til the semis...then they would still win by 50...sounds like loads of fun!

You could make it fair and less watered down with 3 rural classes and 3 urban classes and keep the privates in. JMO

If Alcoa plays 2A they wouldn't play anyone who could stay within 80 points of em til the semis...then they would still win by 50...sounds like loads of fun!

You could make it fair and less watered down with 3 rural classes and 3 urban classes and keep the privates in. JMO

If Alcoa wanted to be in 2a ,they would be there now.

I agree, like I said I am old school and I like the old 3 classes. I went to a high school back in the day and we were 3a. We were a school only open for 3 years. We won the state in basketball. Let me tell you that means more to me and my other teammates than everyone getting a gold ball because it is unfair. And by the way we played MUS, CBHS and other privates and whooped their tails. When you have to say everyone had an advantage and it is unfair then what are you telling your kids!! Strap it up and play football. My son was a freshman last year. He worked his butt off learned and competed against all. We made it to the semi finals and got hammered. I told my son good season but you can see there is work to be done. He made all region as a freshman. Not because it was a watered down system. Because he competed against the best. Iron sharpens Iron. To me me we are creating a whole lot of alumin foil. I hope TSSAA gets it straight and stop bowing down to all of the whining of its unfair. I know this is long and I am sorry but crap I don't want a hand out. And right now TN is handing out gold balls. Sorry and good night