Best Coaches (West Tn)

RealisticFan45

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

Any person that does not think Lott is a top coach does not know basketball. The last team he had capable of winning a state title lost a top player to a medical condition and a knee injury. Ask other coaches in West Tennessee. How many other coaches in West Tennessee have their name on the court?

Not in all cases. Longevity, philanthropy, having great character are also ways of getting your name on the floor. Lots of victories, but no state titles kind of diminish the overall resume. Not sure who you're talking about, but just my opinion. I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Does your name on the floor solidify you as a great coach?

No it doesn't. Lott has won a lot of games in 35+ years but can't make it to the Boro and win. 3 trips and no victories. Should have been several other times. Won a lot of games over weak and mediocre teams. Can't make proper adjustments and should retire. Can't relate to his players anymore not to mention playing relatives who couldn't even make most teams. Time to go

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we start a worst coaches? #1 Farris Lowery Huntingdon. The game has passed him by. He's clueless on the sideline and has his boy Jay doing all the coaching. Time for retirement

LOL....Since we're at it, what about " Worst Coach's Spouse " ? #1 Coach Lowery's wife !! She sits amongst the visiting fans and then gets mouthy when they cheer too loud for their own team...never seen anything like it in my life ! She gets verbally hammered by fans for mouthing off at them, LMAO.

Won some district and region championships. Lost substate at home and on the road. 0-3 in state tournament so not good not good at all.

To make it to the state quarter finals is not good at all?  800 wins is impressive,   Lets take coach Caufman for Riverdale, may be a great coach, I mean he has a state title in his first year at a school.   I mean how many coaches have won a state title in their first year at a school.   A wise man once told me that there is a common denominator in all great teams.   Great players.  To me 800 wins is pretty solid.   Anyone trying to diminish 800 wins, shame on you.     26 games a year not counting post season,  lets say the guy coached for 40 years (I am unfamiliar with how long he has coached) that is 20 wins a season, oh and by the way,  20 years ago teams did not play the 26 game schedule they do now.

Coach West from Dresden HS may need to be added to this list. Shocking win last night in Weakley County for the Single A (football) powerhouse.

There was nothing shocking about this win. DHS was ranked as high as #4 last season and most of the team returned. Westview doesn't have their stud so any team with a solid press will trouble them. Point guard Zanasha Gadlen, while athletic and quick, is still not ready to run the team full time. This victory, while it highlighted WV'S weaknesses, showed that Dresden is ready for a post season run.

To make it to the state quarter finals is not good at all?  800 wins is impressive,   Lets take coach Caufman for Riverdale, may be a great coach, I mean he has a state title in his first year at a school.   I mean how many coaches have won a state title in their first year at a school.   A wise man once told me that there is a common denominator in all great teams.   Great players.  To me 800 wins is pretty solid.   Anyone trying to diminish 800 wins, shame on you.     26 games a year not counting post season,  lets say the guy coached for 40 years (I am unfamiliar with how long he has coached) that is 20 wins a season, oh and by the way,  20 years ago teams did not play the 26 game schedule they do now.

NOT SAYING COFFMAN ISN'T GREAT, but hard to justify that by him winning state in his first year. He walked into a loaded state tournament team. Win state is what they do at Riverdale before he got there

Not so impressive when you can't win the big games. Can't make the adjustments necessary to win. Can't relate to your players and play relatives who have no business on the floor