Decatur Co.-Riverside Panthers vs. Perry Co. Vikings

First game of the season. Riverside lost some good players from last year but also bring back a really good group with a new coach. Perry County brings back 8 on offense and 8 on defense this season and the offense had glimpses of possibly averaging a pretty good amount. The defense is coming around and need to have good pass defense against Riverside because of #10 Drake Smith for the Panthers. Broke his leg mid-season last year, he's back for his senior year and looks ready to have a break out season. The Vikings look like the last three scrimmages that they are ready to prove that they are better than last years 0-10 team. Thoughts?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on their scrimmages, Riverside has improved since last year and I look forward to the the new edition being unveiled Friday night. While the offensive ground game looks better, the defense is much improved also. Some of the young linemen have grown physically and matured as players. If Perry County doesn't do a real good job on the O line, the RiverKat linebackers will be in the backfield all night long. I'm not saying Riverside will be first in the region this year, but I don't think they will be scratching for a fourth place position either. 

Based on their scrimmages, Riverside has improved since last year and I look forward to the the new edition being unveiled Friday night. While the offensive ground game looks better, the defense is much improved also. Some of the young linemen have grown physically and matured as players. If Perry County doesn't do a real good job on the O line, the RiverKat linebackers will be in the backfield all night long. I'm not saying Riverside will be first in the region this year, but I don't think they will be scratching for a fourth place position either. 

Not going to lie Perry County's O line has improved tremendously from last year. Got some speed in the backfield as well and seems like we are opening up the playbook a little more this year as well. As long as the Vikings don't kill themselves with turnovers or too many penalties, i believe the Vikings can be in the game at the end. Not many people are going to think this team is worth much just off of the past 5 years. I believe this team is playing with a little bit of a chip on their shoulder and plus the community is really into this team this year. Happy to say football fever is finally back in Linden.

Edited by PCsupporter4life