Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

SweetScience

Look guys, DB lost to one of the best 5A teams in the state.

Take away all those apple turnovers and its a different ball game.

DB has lots of wins coming up, so as fans do not get discouraged, this will be a good season.

In fact it starts next week, WB comes to Kingsport and gets pounded.

5-5 will be an improvement, for sure.

Way to go Wildcats!!!! Hope all you Indians made it back safe as well. You did win in Band tonight though!

Yeah during the 3rd quarter Oak Ridge's band sit on their butts or walked around (they take the 3rd qt off because it tires them out to perform at half-time) while D-D-B's played on. Guess in the battle of the bands Kingsport won. Course Oak Ridge loses that battle of the bands every 3rd quarter.

Yeah during the 3rd quarter Oak Ridge's band sit on their butts or walked around (they take the 3rd qt off because it tires them out to perform at half-time) while D-D-B's played on. Guess in the battle of the bands Kingsport won. Course Oak Ridge loses that battle of the bands every 3rd quarter.

I've never understood that and last night we saw what a real band does. I don't blame the band but it's somebody's fault. Also, why doesn't our band wear school colored t shirts? The DB band did.

Guest footballfan100

Wow...glad I went and watched this game last night. I thought DB got out coached again for sure. It seemed like DB was content to just run the qb the entire first half for some reason, I guess to keep the cats on sideline. I thought 85 linebacker was in on a lot of plays but the for most part, the defense was clueless. Still don't understand why they didn't throw the ball a lot more, but I guess when u have graham scoring from all over the field, he needs touches also. Looked to me like oak ridge could score ever how they wanted. DB looked out of sync all night against an average looking defense. 25 wr had a ton of catches and I thought 2 had some nice catches as well. Looks like same problems DB had last year are still there. But the band showed out again last night...every performance I've ever seen by them is almost perfect. Hhmmmmm, do u think maybe their coach could. .....nevermind.

Several things about this game!

First congratulations to the Oak Ridge team and fans! You have a really good team with some excellent athletes! I said 22 was the key earlier in the week but questioned whether he had ever been tested, he answered that question with his speed! He is faster than fast! Tee Higgins is ridiculous, and you don't even have to make a good throw, because he is just going to get up over anyone else to get the ball! 54 was what I thought he was and that is a stud linebacker!

DB lost the game and I except that and nobody likes to lose, but some positives I see on the DB side. The coaches went in at half time and decided to show the kids that they believed in them and let them play in the second half. The Defense has improved as they did a good job other than giving up several big plays and the speed of #22 and the ability to run, jump and catch the football by #5 had something to do with that. DB will see a lot of good teams this year, but I do not believe they will face anyone nearly as fast as 22 or as good of an athlete as 5. DB's offense looked solid, and if they do not lay the ball on the ground so many times, it is a different ballgame. DB had 521 total offense to 345 OR so that shows that DB is not overrated, just made some mistakes that can be fixed! No one wants to blame officiating for a loss, but the poor officiating has to be at least mentioned, as they did try to control the game. Early in the 2nd half 6 kids from OR are laying on the ground at the same time with Cramps, momentum has shifted and OR runs a play and a ref throws a flag and ejects one of the best defensive players in Tennessee for throwing a punch which never happened! That not only effected the second half of the game, but DBs next game as well, not exactly sure of the penalty but it could be two games! The kid is as good of a kid as you will ever meet, and a bad official made a terrible call! The officials did not cost DB the game, but TSSAA needs to review this crew!!!

I think The cats have a a special team and could and should compete for the state championship! I do believe the Indians have a good team and they will win a lot of games this year!

Edited by FridayNightLights78

Several things about this game!

First congratulations to the Oak Ridge team and fans! You have a really good team with some excellent athletes! I said 22 was the key earlier in the week but questioned whether he had ever been tested, he answered that question with his speed! He is faster than fast! Tee Higgins is ridiculous, and you don't even have to make a good throw, because he is just going to get up over anyone else to get the ball! 54 was what I thought he was and that is a stud linebacker!

DB lost the game and I except that and nobody likes to lose, but some positives I see on the DB side. The coaches went in at half time and decided to show the kids that they believed in them and let them play in the second half. The Defense has improved as they did a good job other than giving up several big plays and the speed of #22 and the ability to run, jump and catch the football by #5 had something to do with that. DB will see a lot of good teams this year, but I do not believe they will face anyone nearly as fast as 22 or as good of an athlete as 5. DB's offense looked solid, and if they do not lay the ball on the ground so many times, it is a different ballgame. DB had 521 total offense to 345 OR so that shows that DB is not overrated, just made some mistakes that can be fixed! No one wants to blame officiating for a loss, but the poor officiating has to be at least mentioned, as they did try to control the game. Early in the 2nd half 6 kids from OR are laying on the ground at the same time with Cramps, momentum has shifted and OR runs a play and a ref throws a flag and ejects one of the best defensive players in Tennessee for throwing a punch which neve happened! That not only effected the second half of the game, but DBs next game as well, not exactly sure of the penalty but it could be two games! The kid is as good of a kid as you will ever meet, and a bad official made a terrible call! The officials did not cost DB dthe game, but TSSAA needs to review this crew!!!

I think The cats have a a special team and could and should compete for the state championship! I do believe the Indians have a good team and they will win a lot of games this year!

Good post. I think DB will win a lot of games as well. They can beat any team on their schedule minus Maryville of course.

Where's the COOKIES?

And they're back … 54 and 22 got a Whoop #### t-shirt for great play last night. And #12 got one for his play last week against Clinton.

Looks to me like we need to work on our short passing defense. But overall couldn't ask for much more. Like Joe told the team after the game they better start drinking water, last night after the game. Also he said if there were any bananas in any grocery store monday they were" just gonna run" in practice monday evening. Hmmmm wonder why he said that? HaHa!!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL