Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

SweetScience

After watching that video replay of "the Catch", I agree with calvol....he's unimpressive and can't play at the next level in the SEC.. Nick Saban is a fool I guess, just like EVERY other coach in the SEC and the nation. Just listen to "sour grapes" calvol.....LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!

I agree Cats. What the he& are Saban and Urban thinking offering this kid? Looking at his highlights I see a slow lanky receiver who couldn't outrun Oliver Spring's defense.

Whoa guys, all I said was a 4.75 WR don't cut it in the SEC... if indeed he runs a 4.56, then ok.  But don't you agree his body being on the thin side would have not been ready for SEC ball next year, like Preston William's (similar body size), who's just appears ready as a Soph this fall camp?

Whoa guys, all I said was a 4.75 WR don't cut it in the SEC... if indeed he runs a 4.56, then ok.  But don't you agree his body being on the thin side would have not been ready for SEC ball next year, like Preston William's (similar body size), who's just appears ready as a Soph this fall camp?

Possibly, but with Tee's body he has a lot of room to add some muscle. I don't know whether he will start or play a big role in Clemson's offense next year, really none of us do. What he does at the next level remains to be seen, but he has all the tools you want in a WR. The only thing that will stop Tee from being a really good player at the next level, is Tee himself. But, I don't think that will happen personally. At least I hope not.

Edited by SweetScience

Well he is what a foot taller than the guys covering him. 

He really should be playing basketball IMO. 

Him being taller than the defenders had nothing to do with him making that acrobatic catch. Nothing whatsoever. The ball was 2 feet over his head. Now if it was just another ho hum regular catch I'd agree with you.

Edited by SweetScience

What is unimpressive about Tee, is that they don't throw to him 15 to 20 times per game! If they did he would score four or five TD's and 200 yards receiving per game! To those who want a state title in Oak Ridge, that along with 22 running will get you there! 22 is not big enough to get you there on his own! You may want to pass that on to your coaches, because if you don't start doing it now, it will be too late once you get to the playoffs against a team that stops the run! You should be going for two in a row this year!

FNL78 I think as our QB gets more reps and continues to get experience throughout the season then Tee will eventually get more touches. Right now we really haven't had to utilize him all that much because nobody yet has stopped Graham (nearly 400 yards in Just two games) like you said though we will eventually run into a team who will be able to slow him down, and that's when we will have to open up the playbook a bit more. Right now our coaches are nursing along the QB (before this year he had practically no experience at the position). Hopefully with a lot more reps and experience we will be able to utilize Tee a bit more. Frankly though our offense is predicated around the run game. It's impressive what Tee has done in an offense designed for the most part around running. The thing that impresses me the most about Tee with those things said is that you never see or hear him complain about not getting enough touches. On run plays he just puts his nose to the grindstone and blocks his a** off for his teammates. He almost enjoys blocking as much as he does catching TD's.He's a humble kid that realizes that the team means more than his personal glory. Most kids with his talent in this type of run oriented offense would bit& and moan, but he never has. For a 17 year old kid to me that's impressive.

Edited by SweetScience