Metro Rankings

bleacher

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

East won a region title before JS. No history made there. He did go to 2 title games which was historic for EN football. Credit to him. 

As for Centennial, they were 8-3 last year. And at this point last year they were 4-1. JS isn't building anything there. The foundation is set. 

JS may very well be building his own legacy, and if that is his goal, good for him. But he hasn't built anything else. EN was built by Bubba Spears and then B. Waite. Bubba got football at EN. Waite won the first region title and beat PC that one time. Haha I'll give JS credit and say he took EN to a whole other level, but EN was already East Nasty at that point. Ball got the stadium and surrounding area built. 

As for Centennial, they were 4-1 at this point last year. They finished 8-3. Centennial this year is 5-0  with Nolensville, Brentwood, Page, and Hillsboro left. Again, he may take Centennial to another level, that remains to be seen, but he is certainly not building from the ground up. If he really wanted to build a legacy, he would have taken Antioch, Overton, Stratford, or even stayed at EN. 

You sir need a life . You have this man's whole background mapped out . Why didn't you pan out as a coach since you have so many answers. I mean my gosh , why didn't you get a call for those jobs or interview . Sheeshhhh. East has had tons of talent and still never went past the 2nd round you can't sugar coat that , Spears started the program , Waite got the program and they were decent , what east has done was amazing no matter how you paint it , you were there and you didn't see the playoffs in the 3rd round neither pal. Why didn't Antioch or Overton call you to follow suit?  Idk what you have against him but you sound like the angry ex that got dumped  . They didn't have 1 D1 kid in his tenure , Waite had 20 . 10 on 1 team I believe . Get a life my guy . Same as for Harris what he does right now is his legacy no matter what was there or not . He is being successful. 

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

East won a region title before JS. No history made there. He did go to 2 title games which was historic for EN football. Credit to him. 

As for Centennial, they were 8-3 last year. And at this point last year they were 4-1. JS isn't building anything there. The foundation is set. 

JS may very well be building his own legacy, and if that is his goal, good for him. But he hasn't built anything else. EN was built by Bubba Spears and then B. Waite. Bubba got football at EN. Waite won the first region title and beat PC that one time. Haha I'll give JS credit and say he took EN to a whole other level, but EN was already East Nasty at that point. Ball got the stadium and surrounding area built. 

As for Centennial, they were 4-1 at this point last year. They finished 8-3. Centennial this year is 5-0  with Nolensville, Brentwood, Page, and Hillsboro left. Again, he may take Centennial to another level, that remains to be seen, but he is certainly not building from the ground up. If he really wanted to build a legacy, he would have taken Antioch, Overton, Stratford, or even stayed at EN. 

You’re a clear Stewart hater.

1 hour ago, DarkKnight4 said:

You sir need a life . You have this man's whole background mapped out . Why didn't you pan out as a coach since you have so many answers. I mean my gosh , why didn't you get a call for those jobs or interview . Sheeshhhh. East has had tons of talent and still never went past the 2nd round you can't sugar coat that , Spears started the program , Waite got the program and they were decent , what east has done was amazing no matter how you paint it , you were there and you didn't see the playoffs in the 3rd round neither pal. Why didn't Antioch or Overton call you to follow suit?  Idk what you have against him but you sound like the angry ex that got dumped  . They didn't have 1 D1 kid in his tenure , Waite had 20 . 10 on 1 team I believe . Get a life my guy . Same as for Harris what he does right now is his legacy no matter what was there or not . He is being successful. 

Got a great life, very blessed. And I'm pretty sure I did just fine as a coach. Left metro on my terms and left coaching on my terms. Haven't said a negative thing about anyone. Even said I think what JS is doing at Centennial might be his best yet. The boards arent what they once were. Its either a race issue or people get all in their feelings over some soft stuff. Whatever. You obviously know who I am. Reach out and you can tell me all about your great accomplishments. 

Edited by workinprogress

On 9/21/2023 at 6:41 PM, 0000 said:

This is comical. You can tell you a pearl dude who only like east now cause Harris do. The dislike you pearl people have for Stewart is crazy. You really sitting up here saying Harris is rebuilding this program is wild. Stewart left that program 10x better than when he got it from Waite. Stewart and staff did an excellent job with East. Everybody knows only downfall east had was the principal. Stewart and staff took a program who never been past the second round or won a region title and went to back to back state championships. Stewart is a small reason why metro schools are getting turf. Stewart would definitely be 5-0 with this team. Simpson took over his alma mater knowing it was in bad shape and knew this season would be a hard task. Give Simpson a couple years and Maplewood will be winning again. You can’t discredit a staff that went to back to back championships and was a few plays away from beating a team pearl is running from in Alcoa. 

Big dog leave PC out of this. You can’t find one thing negative on the board me or Fb has said about Stewart. It’s always the outside people speaking on things they don’t know 

I keep seeing metro teams ranked weekly on here. Antioch appears to be the best team because of their schedule and level of play (6A). I understand level of play is based on school enrollment, but I know that does not translate  into quality or number of players on the team. That being said why do East and Pearl-Cohn continue to play at a lower level and dominate. I would like to see how they would do at 5A or 6A , then they could truly declare themselves the best programs in metro. Just a thought. Could it be they are not quite as good as wins show.  

FB247 I am not connected in any way to PC, so to get the real reason why you would have to ask fbfan or firebird. But I always thought PC was pretty smart for playing up to 4A but not going to 6A. My reasoning is money. Look at the teams in 3A compared to who PC has in 4A. Which would provide for better gates? Do the same for 6A. When PC was in 3A, for the most part you could get good gates out of CPA, DL, and even EN. 

As to the rankings, right now I would have PC first then Antioch. I think it was NCS that said Antioch was going to shock some people. Whoever it was has been correct. 

3 hours ago, fb247 said:

I keep seeing metro teams ranked weekly on here. Antioch appears to be the best team because of their schedule and level of play (6A). I understand level of play is based on school enrollment, but I know that does not translate  into quality or number of players on the team. That being said why do East and Pearl-Cohn continue to play at a lower level and dominate. I would like to see how they would do at 5A or 6A , then they could truly declare themselves the best programs in metro. Just a thought. Could it be they are not quite as good as wins show.  

You can’t Jump more than one class if I’m not mistaken! 

• Like 1