Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 9/25/2023 at 4:02 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Antioch has their chance this week, MJ is a far cry from what they were against Cane Ridge. The offense is clicking and the defense is playing near lights out. With that being said MJ will not take Antioch lightly, we will be ready for battle.

Any chance meeting you at the game?

18 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I might be slow to the fact but did yall guys play last year? To you what’s the biggest difference playing Antioch this year?

We didn’t, we’re 3-0 against metro this year, but that ain’t saying much. After seeing EN lose to Smyrna I’m only impressed by Pearl. Antioch coaching staff is the difference maker, and that QB is a true baller, unfortunately for him… his supporting cast isn’t up to par.  he will be a power 5 qb before all is said and done. We had a bad game and it should’ve been a bit more lopsided, but props to Antioch, they’re much improved and they finally have a coaching staff that can utilize their talent.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2023 at 2:29 AM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

We didn’t, we’re 3-0 against metro this year, but that ain’t saying much. After seeing EN lose to Smyrna I’m only impressed by Pearl. Antioch coaching staff is the difference maker, and that QB is a true baller, unfortunately for him… his supporting cast isn’t up to par.  he will be a power 5 qb before all is said and done. We had a bad game and it should’ve been a bit more lopsided, but props to Antioch, they’re much improved and they finally have a coaching staff that can utilize their talent.

Finally watched Antioch. #5 and #80 makes the offense go. The LT was getting worked. Center QB exchange?? It was a lot of low snapped balls. I’m liking Antiochs Db’s. The DL is small…Number 0 looks like a WR playing End. Physically they looked a lot smaller than you guys. 4th Q it was over. Strength and conditioning.

Edited by FBfan26

4 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Finally watched Antioch. #5 and #80 makes the offense go. The LT was getting worked. Center QB exchange?? It was a lot of low snapped balls. I’m liking Antiochs Db’s. The DL is small…Number 0 looks like a WR playing End. Physically they looked a lot smaller than you guys. 4th Q it was over. Strength and conditioning.

Yeah overall they were out conditioned and outsized. Speed definitely wasn’t an issue. MJ missed a FG and two inside the 10 red zone chances. Along with a fluke 4th down run by their punter that resulted in on of their touchdown drives. Personally if the game was played again I think it would be worse. Not sure how Stewart’s Creek managed to lose. Antioch is much improved but not sure im confident enough to call them a good team.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Upvote 1