Grace Christian Rams

TheAmbassador

I'll be pulling for the Rams on Friday, but I just hope they don't forget which game is the most important of the gauntlet they have the first half of the season.  Oliver Springs is the only conference game squeezed between Jeff Co, CAK, Campbell Co, and Webb.  That's brutal for GCA's school size.

That really is a brutal schedule. Even if Grace loses some of those games, it means nothing about how they will fair in 2A as long as they can get through those games without any significant injuries.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Govolsknox, I'm no expert, but from what I saw last Friday, you suspect correctly.  Competition from a big school like Jeff Co. may have been the reason, but I wasn't that impressed with the run game.  The passing game did look to be the strength of the offense, but week 1 does not a season make.  I'm sure they've been working on ball security this week as well.

I'm betting that is why they switched to a passing type offense this year. They have a hand full of good receivers and a QB that can pass so they will be fine once they get out of the Land of The Giants and return to their own league. There may be two teams on the schedule that could make it very painful on them but I believe this year more than last year it will help this team in the end playing that kind of competition. 

Thanks guys, I'll take all the support we can get! It's always interesting when these 2 meet up. I'm looking forward to seeing the Grace QB and a new offense. I just hope he doesn't have a banner night Friday! One thing about the spread is that you have to be able to pitch and catch to make it work. I remember a few years ago when a team I pull for, Oak Ridge, ran the spread and couldn't pass. It didn't take long for the opponents to figure out all they were doing was trying to spread the defense out to run. I suspect that this will not be the case with Grace, however, and that they'll have some athletes. They always do.

I've always pulled for you guys. You took you're lumps and built you're program the right way. First big win you ever got  was against my Highlanders. I can live with that, you didn't do it by stacking the deck.

Best team that $$$$ can buy.......

GCA Never, Never, NEVER rebuilds. They simply reload. They replace graduation losses with bigger and better every season in every sport. Not a secret. Everybody that's ever played in their district has seen it for years. This is why they compete for state titles in every sport. Every year. I'd love to see those jokers lose every game. Might just happen when they FINALLY get forced into a private school division. Until then, they expect to purchase a state championship. Bet it would feel much better to actually work for and earn it instead of "stacking the deck" against a classification of small public schools. Better hurry up GCA Hams because your running out of time!!!!!