South Pittsburg vs Marion (Grider against that Mathis man)

Roy Dillard

SP has way more speed and big play threats than Meigs. This looks more like the 2013 game to me just hopefully in MCs favor.  The defense for MC looks better than last years to me.  Alot of 3 year starters.  Hopefully MC can pull away late but if SP gets some big plays it could be a barn-burner.  MCs young QB looks more comfortable every week and is going to be a really good player.

Here is my opinion on this game which amounts to nothing as Roy would say lol

Quarterbacks: I like the experience of Holland over the raw talent of Sampson. As a starter, Holland has played against tougher defenses in live game action than Sampson.

Running Backs: McClain, Saylors, and Zeman against Raulston/Kelly, Lilly, and Pryor to me is a push. I think both teams have very talented backs that fit their skill set.

Line play: Advantage Jasper here. I like how their line gets low and drives off the ball. Their leader and I hope I come close to spelling his name right is Ismael Avilla. Eli Morrison also helps anchor it down.

Wide receivers: A very important part to this game in my opinion. I give the advantage to SP right here with Kenemore, McQueen, Morrison, and Ford.

Kicking game: Push. Neither team has an outstanding kicker this year so that will not be a factor.

Overall defense: Advantage Jasper. I like the way they play down hill. Their front 7 not only has fundamentals but is also very football savvy.

Overall offense: Advantage South Pittsburg. I think the passing game of the pirates gives them the slight edge over the Warriors in the offensive category.

Coaching: Push. Coach Grider and staff will have the pirates focused and ready no doubt about that but Mathis and gang seem to call a "If it ain't broke don't fix it game plan" and it benefits them. The coach that makes in game adjustments the best could play a huge factor.

Just my thoughts. Should be a good game. Hopefully no blowouts this year.

If its close at the end, Jasper wins.. Vic chokes in close games. Name a game where he lead the team to a winning drive and won...

Here is my opinion on this game which amounts to nothing as Roy would say lol

Quarterbacks: I like the experience of Holland over the raw talent of Sampson. As a starter, Holland has played against tougher defenses in live game action than Sampson.

Running Backs: McClain, Saylors, and Zeman against Raulston/Kelly, Lilly, and Pryor to me is a push. I think both teams have very talented backs that fit their skill set.

Line play: Advantage Jasper here. I like how their line gets low and drives off the ball. Their leader and I hope I come close to spelling his name right is Ismael Avilla. Eli Morrison also helps anchor it down.

Wide receivers: A very important part to this game in my opinion. I give the advantage to SP right here with Kenemore, McQueen, Morrison, and Ford.

Kicking game: Push. Neither team has an outstanding kicker this year so that will not be a factor.

Overall defense: Advantage Jasper. I like the way they play down hill. Their front 7 not only has fundamentals but is also very football savvy.

Overall offense: Advantage South Pittsburg. I think the passing game of the pirates gives them the slight edge over the Warriors in the offensive category.

Coaching: Push. Coach Grider and staff will have the pirates focused and ready no doubt about that but Mathis and gang seem to call a "If it ain't broke don't fix it game plan" and it benefits them. The coach that makes in game adjustments the best could play a huge factor.

Just my thoughts. Should be a good game. Hopefully no blowouts this year.

Powerp what kind of mess is this? After the mess you put on here this week aint nobody going to read your mess. I thought old pirate said one of them mess eating dogs got you. You think im joking but im not.

I like your thoughts powerp. Just in the end I think Mc stops SP offense. Going to be very good game. Mc still wins by 14

Mc front 7 will be to much for SP

front 7 will be a hill for SP to climb - I threw out a 35- 27 win for SP early - with two of those scores being special teams scores- I think it could still go that way if SP hits the quick big plays early and gets on top by s couple scores then can make a couple stops and play lights out and executes - fdidn't make the game tonight but heard MC looked unstoppable and better than ever- if that's true and seeing the performance of the O&B at Seq- I agree with halloffamer MC at least a 14 point favor or much worse- it's MC to lose for sure

I only stayed for the first half last night, but from what I saw this is a huge task at hand. I believe Marion County wins this game by 3-4 TDs. We are going to be a good single A team, but I believe they will be too much for us to overcome. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I see at this point.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Na I mud stomped SP 35-14

Dang, you must be an old timer. That was a very long time ago. BTW how did that season turn out for you? Did you bring home the hardware? Grundy has ROUTINELY lost kids from the mountain. A few years back they had an influx of kids going to Marion County. Now, a few are going to SP. Kids are seeing other kids leave, go to winning programs and getting a chance to be winners. In turn they are following each other out the door. Your coaches have come and gone up there like a cheap dime store ......(you know what word goes here). It's not our fault Grundy County is in 13-12 type games with Cannon County. Edited by TheAmbassador

Old Pirate didn't get to see much of the feud last night but the score board sure was lit up. The Pirates have a HEEP of improvement to do if theys planning on bringing home the bacon come Friday. The Warriors is a talented group that have been thoroughly tested. The Pirates is a young team still looking for an identity. Looking at this feud, the Warriors are the bigger more veteran team so the Pirates need to bring their A-game to have a chance. Both teams have new weapons that each are working to use effectively. The QB experience is always big, Advantage SP. the running game is the bread and butter for both, Advantage Jasper. Championships are won with good defenses, Advantage Jasper. Line play of the big boys is always are crucial element in feuding and OP sees this as a draw. Linebackers are the defensive stoppers, Advantage Jasper. Passing game and WR big play potential, Advantage SP. Overall team speed appears to be a draw. Coaching & preparation is a major element, Advantage SP, kicking game appears to be concerns for both, Draw. Element of surprise is often times a difference maker, 2 weeks to prepare and a new weapon can be a major difference, Advantage SP. Wrap up, this should be a hum dinger of a feud between the kinfolkes. Best of luck to all the players on both teams for a spirited injury free game. As for you Jasperlites, remember......It's coming sooner than yous want. BTW, the loss of the SOS was not as deadly as you Jasper skillet heads thought. The youngons were & are still the ones deserving of attention & phrase. The coaches are trainers but the race is generally won by the best horse, the coaches are along for the ride!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

So watching the SEQ SP game - SEQ was bigger but it's not that they dominated the line - SP just wasn't making the key blocks ? The lead blocker many times just did not get the key block at the line? Running right by the defender - they were blocking downfield but missing the first contact- With the size advantage SP has to make those key blocks this Friday