South Pittsburg vs Marion (Grider against that Mathis man)

Roy Dillard

Well fellers....Old Pirate figured it is come time to tell the youngons about the longest consecutive rivalry in Tenn. Now cording to Great Grand pappy this here feud got started shortly after SP became the metroplus & manufacturing center point of the valley about 1902. It appears them SP fellers got to be well known as potential stud makers after working in them foundries. Them felines from Jasper knowd where to shop for studs so they would meander down Old Jasper Hwy in hopes of bushswacking them a feller to take back home. Recon them SP felines didn't take kindly to them Jasper felines coming south to get them a feller. As it is known, SP is known for skillet making and them SP felines had extra so they up and grabbed a skillet and introduced them Jasper felines to what them SP fellers had known for a right smart amount of time. You see...being ther were a bunch of them ther skillets round town they throwed a bunch at them Jasper gals. Now you folks knowds how a good biscuit maker feel bout them ther skillets, course they wanted them back. After them football games them felines would pull a skillet out from under them skirts and commence to swinging them skillets with the winner taking the stud home and the newly acquired skillets. Well.....it is pert near easy to see who went and got the studs. Them Jasper folks been feuding with SP ever since. Recon the bushswacking is still popular cause every now and again them Jasper gals will bushswack them a potential SP stud. Figure time has proven not all SP fellers is 100% pure stud, them types usually wind up being known as "Fence Jumpers". BTW, South Pittsburg was known as one of the valley's "Twin Cities" due to great growth, shipping and manufacturing. Trivia Question, where was the other Twin City?

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Roy Dillard, I believe you have some kinfolk on here from Jasper. Roy, will you be going to Ronnie's Red Eye on Friday night?

Barney I go up there every Friday night to talk with that man about my Murphy Fair book and Murphys pole. I garuntee you I have a few relatives from Jasper but they dont go to games. You think im joking but im not.

I say, I say OP, that would be Bridgeport.

Foghorn_Leghorn.png

Dad burnit ST, Yous the winner. Old Pirate is a right impressed. Figure coacht fellers didn't expect any Jasper feller to answer. Recon them Jasper fellers even got upstaged by Bridgeport back-n-the day. Now, OP reached out to Roy and fer you being the winner, yous get to invite 2 Jasper fellers to meet with Roy for a private viewing of his Murphy Fair book and personal notes. Now them Jasper will/can inquire about Murphy's poll too!

Dad burnit ST, Yous the winner. Old Pirate is a right impressed. Figure coacht fellers didn't expect any Jasper feller to answer. Recon them Jasper fellers even got upstaged by Bridgeport back-n-the day. Now, OP reached out to Roy and fer you being the winner, yous get to invite 2 Jasper fellers to meet with Roy for a private viewing of his Murphy Fair book and personal notes. Now them Jasper will/can inquire about Murphy's poll too!

Jasper got that Colquit man from Bridgeport.

:rolleyes:

You've been absent on here almost a week. I thought the hurricane carried you away. Roy was sending Pegleg out to do a search and rescue mission.

RLH ain't all gone missing, theys a HEEP Jasper fellers ain't even showed up in a spell. Lying Lips, PG now 10bears is gotten shy, LittleRicky is most likely raising $ for the band and like All Vol fans a HEEP nervous. Old Pirate says them War Eagles ain't looking too good neither but could play with the Vols. Dad burnit, times is bad.......LOPAO Edited by OLD PIRATE