Oakdale at Cloudland

THE KING

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree with you,you never see kids outside playing,I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a barnyard football game,shoot even up at the park there's nobody playing basketball used to you had to wait to even get to play

I got up and hit the baccer fields till practice times,when bacccer wasn't in we were in the hay field.Then go to the Lake and jump off the bridge before practice.NEVER left a game for a cramp and I never came off the field.We ran our butts off before season we went to camp and up at 5 am e very morn running till 7 then breakfast,practice,lunch,practice,dinner,practice then we got to goof off till lights out.I loved football camp!These kids miss out on way too much nowadays!My boys all loved to be outside.

I got up and hit the baccer fields till practice times,when bacccer wasn't in we were in the hay field.Then go to the Lake and jump off the bridge before practice.NEVER left a game for a cramp and I never came off the field.We ran our butts off before season we went to camp and up at 5 am e very morn running till 7 then breakfast,practice,lunch,practice,dinner,practice then we got to goof off till lights out.I loved football camp!These kids miss out on way too much nowadays!My boys all loved to be outside.

No wonder you all was so good back then! Practicing three times day,I guess that explains it. Heck, we got to go two times a day for for two weeks.

No wonder you all was so good back then! Practicing three times day,I guess that explains it. Heck, we got to go two times a day for for two weeks.

At camp we scrimmaged ALOT!North Carolina 2a and 3A state champs and Sevier County every year.Went to Gardner Webb in NC for football camp.

That's why it upsets me when the "New" people in GB look at us not so young guys and say the past doesn't matter!They don't understand that before 1985 GB was a door mat.Satterfield whipped winning into us EVERY DAY!TMI was our first camp and I thought we were gonna die.He had a plan and by gosh it worked in 3 years we toted off a Gold trophy.All the tradition of all our schools is what made us all household names when talking playoff time.Oneida,Coalfield,GB,Cloudland,South Pitt,Trousdale.Can't forget that stuff!

At camp we scrimmaged ALOT!North Carolina 2a and 3A state champs and Sevier County every year.Went to Gardner Webb in NC for football camp.

That's why it upsets me when the "New" people in GB look at us not so young guys and say the past doesn't matter!They don't understand that before 1985 GB was a door mat.Satterfield whipped winning into us EVERY DAY!TMI was our first camp and I thought we were gonna die.He had a plan and by gosh it worked in 3 years we toted off a Gold trophy.All the tradition of all our schools is what made us all household names when talking playoff time.Oneida,Coalfield,GB,Cloudland,South Pitt,Trousdale.Can't forget that stuff!

Agree with O&B, you old timers are the ones that built the legacy over there. It would be interesting to see how the 87 club would match up to your present team. The 87 team was awful good, especially up front. Ever since then you guys have been the team to beat in this area.

Had a good talk with our qb this evening. He was worried old king wouldn't be coming back after that embarrassing game. I told him I was a lifer. I've sit through some miserable seasons at chs after we were so great. I told him all the real fans will always be there. These boys really need encouraging right now. It was a devastating loss and it's good when it bothers you When it doesn't bother you, then you got real problems