Oakdale at Cloudland

THE KING

Thank god for freshman. We were already playing some,guess a few others get a shot. At least we've still got our bread and butter. I thought we were gonna get Bread killed last week.LOL

He was black n blue and sore all over Saturday morning lol. Mike's mixing it up a little this week. Might see a little more "Diversity" in the backfield Friday night 😉

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Oakdale will cut out all the turnovers and not put themselves in bad spots (2nd and 3rd and longs) trying to do too much after catches they are built to win this game. A good throwing team with a defensive crew that has done a fairly decent job at stopping the runs the first two weeks will give Cloudland problems. Big gains on pass plays and countless turnovers have gotten Oakdale in big holes in their first two games. I think this game will be another really close game like last year and with the injuries Cloudland has I think Oakdale takes it by a two point conversion.

Be good for the future by playing those freshman.

Its a good freshman class but most freshman are not varsity ready. It takes a very early bloomer or an all out stud. Should have a good team in 2 years. Once you ever get the program back on the right track,it pretty much feeds off itself. 

I've just got a question that I've been thinking about,I'm not trying to upset anyone but what's up with all these injuries not just this year but in the past years,when I played many many years ago we may only have one or two players get injured,and I never remember anyone cramping up like what happens now a days. Are the games more physical than back in the day I know their a little faster,are the kids playing too many games in youth clubs,and are wore out by the time they get into high school,are they not as conditioned as they need to be,I was just looking for some insight on the situation

I've just got a question that I've been thinking about,I'm not trying to upset anyone but what's up with all these injuries not just this year but in the past years,when I played many many years ago we may only have one or two players get injured,and I never remember anyone cramping up like what happens now a days. Are the games more physical than back in the day I know their a little faster,are the kids playing too many games in youth clubs,and are wore out by the time they get into high school,are they not as conditioned as they need to be,I was just looking for some insight on the situation

They don't stay outside growing up. They never do the things boys used to do to strengthen their core.Swinging on grape vines,walking,running , wrestling and actually working was our entertainment. Its just a different day.

Edited by pujo

They don't stay outside growing up. They never do the things boys used to do to strengthen their core.Swinging on grape vines,walking,running , wrestling and actually working was our entertainment. Its just a different day.

i have to agree with you,you never see kids outside playing,I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a barnyard football game,shoot even up at the park there's nobody playing basketball used to you had to wait to even get to play