Meigs County @ Marion County

As stated before Meigs maybe should stay in Decatur!!!! Even their own fans don't think they could get the W....total lack of positivity why not just appreciate the kids and coaches for their efforts and hope they can play the game to the best of their ability. A fan that puts Tiger in their name should have a little more faith!!!!!! Instead of gloom and doom.

Truth is if a team wants it bad enough they can get it. But, when fans don't even believe why would (the team) even think they have a shot!!!

It's true Marion is superior , Marion did get a silver ball last year. But, even the best can make mistakes.

I'm just putting that out there. I love small schools and communities for the fact most fans stand behind their players and coaches not blast them every time they have a chance.

MC was superior in the game last year, will not know which team is superior until after the game this year. Meigs does have some great athletes on the team that are not being utilized fully. There are several players that need a few more touches on offense. Passing game is not there with the freshman QB, need to use the other QB some to get this going. If Meigs' plan is to just keep ball on ground and pass a half dozen times in the game then go only with the freshman. However, doing this does not allow possible playmakers the opportunity to get the ball on offense. No one has said the players' efforts were not appreciated, some have stated coaching is lacking in certain aspects. Some  of those are in play calling, player utilization, and going with the good old boy system of we are friends with this ones parent so we will play him.

Meigs County players will leave it all on the field but if all players are not being fully utilized to their fullest the fault is the coaching staffs. Until full player utilization happens Meigs County will not take the next step up. This isn't the players fault but goes with the coaches (who have been inferior to MC's coaching staff).

Meigs has a shot at winning anytime they step on the playing surface any other thought is ridiculous.

Don't coach anymore so all I can do is talk about it, that's why I get on here. My kinfolk doesn't even get on the field this year, I just love football and love to break down the game. Not saying this team hasn't improved just saying they could be better and so many other fans think so too.

sometimes fans don't know what they are talking about. This team has grown by leaps & bounds from where they were before the new coach came to town.

sometimes fans don't know what they are talking about. This team has grown by leaps & bounds from where they were before the new coach came to town.

Thank you!! FF51.....My thoughts exactly I been following Meigs a long time. The current coaching has got them 2 winning seasons and in the playoffs the first season. Second season Meigs was moved into this region which in my opinion has the toughest teams in the east. Had Meigs won the Bledsoe game last year they would of made the playoffs again.

This is the third season you have twice the amount of kids coming out for football that you had 3 years ago.

That tells me something.

Rebuilding a program from pretty much the ground up takes time. I expect Meigs to get even better the next few years. Lots of talent is on the way.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic......

As far as this Friday I'm expecting a great game in a great atmosphere!!!!!

Thank you!! FF51.....My thoughts exactly I been following Meigs a long time. The current coaching has got them 2 winning seasons and in the playoffs the first season. Second season Meigs was moved into this region which in my opinion has the toughest teams in the east. Had Meigs won the Bledsoe game last year they would of made the playoffs again.

This is the third season you have twice the amount of kids coming out for football that you had 3 years ago.

That tells me something.

Rebuilding a program from pretty much the ground up takes time. I expect Meigs to get even better the next few years. Lots of talent is on the way.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic......

As far as this Friday I'm expecting a great game in a great atmosphere!!!!!

Good post! I agree you will see a dandy played in a great atmosphere!

Meigs looks good on tape I think last year we came out and surprised them early.Its the first real challenge and if they get alot of big plays who knows what could happen.  Meigs, BB, SP and Tyner are the games we have this year where somebody can sneak up and bite you.  Really hard to go through the 10 game season without having a bad game like we did at BB last year.  It probably helped in the long run to get grounded and realize we could be beaten but very hard with kids this age to not have a down game.  Meigs has a big line, above average skill players and a good defense.  They played Onieda really well which although young is usually a good team.  I think MC should win but its no walk in the park.

As stated before Meigs maybe should stay in Decatur!!!! Even their own fans don't think they could get the W....total lack of positivity why not just appreciate the kids and coaches for their efforts and hope they can play the game to the best of their ability. A fan that puts Tiger in their name should have a little more faith!!!!!! Instead of gloom and doom.

Truth is if a team wants it bad enough they can get it. But, when fans don't even believe why would (the team) even think they have a shot!!!

It's true Marion is superior , Marion did get a silver ball last year. But, even the best can make mistakes.

I'm just putting that out there. I love small schools and communities for the fact most fans stand behind their players and coaches not blast them every time they have a chance.

Amen brother!