East Ridge at Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

I recon I'm the only Signal Mountain poster left, so I figgered I'd start a thread for this game. Don't know if there are any East Ridge posters though.

Glad to get those first two games behind us and finally get to play on home turf. I thought we looked good against East Hamilton, but they are certainly down from previous years. We managed to get through that game without any injuries, but we killed ourselves with penalties. It looks like we got the penalty problem straightened out against Ooltewah, but were severely outmanned. It will be interesting to see how we stack up against a very athletic East Ridge team.

I'm curious what happened in the Polk game. Sounds like things got back on track last week. I'm thinking this will be an exciting and competitive game.

Congratulations to the Pioneer Alumni. I saw where you guys have raised over $70,000 so far to rebuild the stands. And I have it on good authority that your professional turf manager is top notch. :mrgreen:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signal mountain is very athletic .. Impressed me in the preaseason. With their standard wishbone offense cut to perfection . East ridge doesn't stand a chance. Michael Raymond stud RB is the backbone of their team

r not u the one that EARLIER TODAY picked Squatchy County by 20 over Whitwool.......a game that was played last Friday

Booger sure the pick boostes Trolls confidunce; but wait til Saturday mornin to pick this North Red Bank Mountain-East Ridge game.....your odds will b better

Booger just sayin  :thumb:

Edited by Booger

Call me crazy . . . it wouldn't be the first time, but I think my Eagles can play with any of the teams in our district this year. That includes Booger's store bought West Ridge Allstars and the rapidly developing Southside Allstars. Red Bank might be the sleeper team this year if they don't get physically beat up too bad by the prep schools. East Ridge certainly has the athletes, and they gained some good playing experience last year.

Nevertheless, my Eagles are a scrappy bunch. If they can keep their heads up, execute the way I know they can, and maintain their mental discipline, they will surprise a few folks this year. I'm thinking we will win a close one against the Pioneers this week.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

I recon I'm the only Signal Mountain poster left, so I figgered I'd start a thread for this game. Don't know if there are any East Ridge posters though.

Glad to get those first two games behind us and finally get to play on home turf. I thought we looked good against East Hamilton, but they are certainly down from previous years. We managed to get through that game without any injuries, but we killed ourselves with penalties. It looks like we got the penalty problem straightened out against Ooltewah, but were severely outmanned. It will be interesting to see how we stack up against a very athletic East Ridge team.

I'm curious what happened in the Polk game. Sounds like things got back on track last week. I'm thinking this will be an exciting and competitive game.

Congratulations to the Pioneer Alumni. I saw where you guys have raised over $70,000 so far to rebuild the stands. And I have it on good authority that your professional turf manager is top notch. :mrgreen:

When SM starts winning again the other fans will show up again. A lot of fans disappear during the hard times.

Still here. Still an Eagle's fan.

Hate that the numbers are still down, and I really don't believe that busing is the main issue. Being good friends with some of the players' families and coach's family, I understand what he, Coach W,  is having to go through. Kudos to the young men who are playing and faithful to the program.

That being said, I believe that they have a great chance to get the first win under the belt. No score, just the win.

GO EAGLES!

Edited by mtnvol1