William Blount Hosts Heritage

GovMan

I'm not trying to start anything with this just to be clear but I do agree I would've liked to have seen our players take a knee but after the game ended instead of us celebrating the win Hammontree lined up all the players they shook hands with WB then our principal and AD had all the student section and fans stand on the sidelines and on the goalline and Heritages team lined up went around shaking all there hands and went straight to the locker room didn't stay there and celebrate or nothing it was a very tough situation there just kids like I said before though I really hope that the kids going to be ok though I saw something just a few minutes ago saying he was moving his fingers and toes so thats really good news

yeah hope he is okay I might have got to mad over the whole game it's just a disappointment after playing good last week and complete disaster this week far as the taking the knee thing it's just a respect thing

All the cocky predictions and YouTube posts then you show up like this?

Embarrassing man.

Great win for the Mountaineers.

it was great game for the neers they came to play just totally disappointed in Willy b play awesome last week and lay down and let heritage whip em all over the field but kudos to heritage they deserved it I just wish they would take a knee when a player hurt it's a respect thing to do

First of all, the kid's health is more important than any game. Prayers to the young man and his family.

About the game...I didn't get to see it and I'm glad I didn't. 19 years of WB coaches and teams found a way to get it done and this year's didn't. I was never that impressed with Shad. His only achievements came with absolutely stacked teams, and he found a way to squander some talented teams at Blackman. Looks like he also knows how to squander a 19 year streak. I wish he could do some "creative accounting" with the scoreboard but I guess his talents stop there.

No excuses on my part. Just disgusted.

I dont think this one was Shad's fault. The Govs just didn't execute. I dont think they could play much worse than they did last night if they actively tried to. They turned the ball over last night more than they did in the first three games combined. The most cringe worthy part of the game was in the third qtr when they got in the redzone twice back to back and came away with zero points. That's just poor execution no matter how you look at it.

I dont think this one was Shad's fault. The Govs just didn't execute. I dont think they could play much worse than they did last night if they actively tried to. They turned the ball over last night more than they did in the first three games combined. The most cringe worthy part of the game was in the third qtr when they got in the redzone twice back to back and came away with zero points. That's just poor execution no matter how you look at it.

Has this not happened NUMEROUS times the past couple years?A team that continues to make crucial mistakes comes from not being prepared not only physically but also mentally.When Ridge was at GB the talent made him look good UNTIL he had to actually coach and that killed us against good teams.I feel you all are in the same boat.Blackmans talent made him look better than he is.The love affair will end shortly.In my unbiased opinion. Edited by orngnblk

Has this not happened NUMEROUS times the past couple years?A team that continues to make crucial mistakes comes from not being prepared not only physically but also mentally.When Ridge was at GB the talent made him look good UNTIL he had to actually coach and that killed us against good teams.I feel you all are in the same boat.Blackmans talent made him look better than he is.The love affair will end shortly.In my unbiased opinion.

The problem was much worse under the previous two coaches. In the first three games, the Govs turned the ball over a total of two times, but they turned it over 4 times last night. Shad is a good coach and a good game manager, but the Govs did not execute last night. A coach can do everything under the sun, but the players still have to go out and execute. I think a big part of it was our players going up to Kingsport last week and getting that huge win and thinking they could just show up and win last night. You have to remember that this team hasnt "been there before". They probably got cocky after winning a game like that last week. It takes time for those kind of things to correct themselves. You cant just erase a losing culture overnight. Edited by Governors91

The problem was much worse under the previous two coaches. In the first three games, the Govs turned the ball over a total of two times, but they turned it over 4 times last night. Shad is a good coach and a good game manager, but the Govs did not execute last night. A coach can do everything under the sun, but the players still have to go out and execute. I think a big part of it was our players going up to Kingsport last week and getting that huge win and thinking they could just show up and win last night. You have to remember that this team hasnt "been there before". They probably got cocky after winning a game like that last week. It takes time for those kind of things to correct themselves. You cant just erase a losing culture overnight.

Good post

First of all, the kid's health is more important than any game. Prayers to the young man and his family.

About the game...I didn't get to see it and I'm glad I didn't. 19 years of WB coaches and teams found a way to get it done and this year's didn't. I was never that impressed with Shad. His only achievements came with absolutely stacked teams, and he found a way to squander some talented teams at Blackman. Looks like he also knows how to squander a 19 year streak. I wish he could do some "creative accounting" with the scoreboard but I guess his talents stop there.

No excuses on my part. Just disgusted.

91 you better mix up some stronger Shadoraide. It's getting weak.