Polk County @ McMinn Central

BloodCharger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a good coach and he does care about those 40-50 players, but that's it. That doesn't make him a good man. A good man is someone who cares about things other than what he has a vested interest in. There is more to PCHS than just that football team and he could not care less about the rest of it. I respect his coaching ability, but other than that, he is worthless!

I will be there Friday night, just like every Friday night for the past 40 years, but I support the football team because of the kids,,just like I support the basketball teams, the baseball team, the soccer team, etc.. For the kids. Not for the almighty Derrick Davis!

And Polk 27 - Baby Blue 14

Charlie Murphy

I knew you were a McMinn Central hater from way back and you know that is OK on a public football forum. I have watched your posts all week and your low life comments about Coach Davis have really displayed a level of disgust in most of us here on Coach T. Know and understand you have a right to your views. But to take shots a Coach Derrick Davis simply shows what an ignorant person you are. Not sure of the ax you are grinding but give it a rest.

I have been around high school football for a long time. Seen some and played some really good Polk County teams. Seen some Wildcat teams that were not as talented. As a coach I have also had the opportunity to get to know Coach Davis.

This guy is passionate, dedicated, and 100% committed to making things better at Polk County High School. He took over a football program that had gone many years without even being competitive after his Dad retired. He reversed the downward spiral and brought Polk County back to a high level. Yes he had a few exceptional players during that run but always amazed how well his kids were mentally and physically prepared. How do you think that happens, Charlie? Mistreating kids........Really? His kids play the game the way it is supposed to played. They never quit, they never complain, they just keep playing. #17 for them tonight played every snap. I think #13 played every snap.....What makes 16-17 year old young men do that?

Not a coach that mistreats them but a man that teaches kids that high school football is more than winning state championships....It is about being part of team, putting your team-mates first, preparing to win, doing your best and overcoming adversity.

You can line up his former players, opposing players and coaches, they will all tell you pretty much the same thing. Class act, humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

The game of football is changing. Kids are changing. The way you coach kids is changing. High school football needs guys like Coach Davis. Polk County needs Coach Davis.

Whatever your personal differences are with Coach Davis should remain that .....personal. My momma always said , "if you can't say something nice, then keep your mouth shut"

One last thing Murphy.......Go Chargers! 

I believe I made it very clear that "I respect him as a coach, I have defended his coaching" and there is no where in my posts where I mention or imply that he mistreats his players. I think my very first statement was that he cares for the 40-50 players on his team.Maybe you are mistaking me for the poster that complained about the P's being removed.

I have my reasons, none of which involve his coaching or treatment of football players. And I'm not going to start detailing things on a message board.

Congrats Chargers!..Charlie's moving back to 1A 2A for next weeks game.

Charles you get on a message board and criticize Coach Davis' character as a human being then when someone takes you to task you try and take the high road and say "I'm not going to start detailing things on a message board".  BTW they make medication for your condition!! 

11063211.jpg

Edited by 6+4+3=2

Charlie Murphy

I knew you were a McMinn Central hater from way back and you know that is OK on a public football forum. I have watched your posts all week and your low life comments about Coach Davis have really displayed a level of disgust in most of us here on Coach T. Know and understand you have a right to your views. But to take shots a Coach Derrick Davis simply shows what an ignorant person you are. Not sure of the ax you are grinding but give it a rest.

I have been around high school football for a long time. Seen some and played some really good Polk County teams. Seen some Wildcat teams that were not as talented. As a coach I have also had the opportunity to get to know Coach Davis.

This guy is passionate, dedicated, and 100% committed to making things better at Polk County High School. He took over a football program that had gone many years without even being competitive after his Dad retired. He reversed the downward spiral and brought Polk County back to a high level. Yes he had a few exceptional players during that run but always amazed how well his kids were mentally and physically prepared. How do you think that happens, Charlie? Mistreating kids........Really? His kids play the game the way it is supposed to played. They never quit, they never complain, they just keep playing. #17 for them tonight played every snap. I think #13 played every snap.....What makes 16-17 year old young men do that?

Not a coach that mistreats them but a man that teaches kids that high school football is more than winning state championships....It is about being part of team, putting your team-mates first, preparing to win, doing your best and overcoming adversity.

You can line up his former players, opposing players and coaches, they will all tell you pretty much the same thing. Class act, humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

The game of football is changing. Kids are changing. The way you coach kids is changing. High school football needs guys like Coach Davis. Polk County needs Coach Davis.

Whatever your personal differences are with Coach Davis should remain that .....personal. My momma always said , "if you can't say something nice, then keep your mouth shut"

One last thing Murphy.......Go Chargers!

Great post.