Henry Co vs Gallatin

GWAVE1

This is true. Our run D is still pretty good. Liberty has a D-1 caliber back. He ripped off an 80 yarder against us on the first play from scrimmage, but we pretty well held him in check for the rest of the night.

I do think Gallatin's rushing attack will present us with a challenge, but I also think our run D can force them out of their comfort zone a little bit as the game wears on.

Lets be honest here, Henry Co is going to load the box and until Gallatin can win some battles by the recievers and make HC respect the pass they are not going to move. So while we all look on at the obvious battle going on at the line of scrimmage it will be more than likely the true battle will be in the secondary. If Gallatin can have any hope to win this game they will have to be able to pass and catch, I doubt they will be able to just plow the HC defensive line at will. Defensively Gallatin will have a tough time stopping two good runningbacks and a good QB who has shown some accuracy. It is just a tough matchup. Henry Co is far removed from a struggling Hunters Lane team last week. Just a different animal and that 50-0 win means nothing when compared with the Patriots. I can have my "homer" glasses on but I think it will be a slugfest.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the YEAR OF THE YANKER...it is THE YEAR OF THE YANKER...and in case you have forgotten...I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER...I am the TRUE YANKER!!!!!   Alright nervous Henrylanders...RELAX...this game will not be close!  HC is for real and Gallatin is an imposter...this is NOT the Gallatin of old!!!!  Your score in this game will be....HC 35 - Gallatin 10!

HC WINS!!!  HC WINS!!!  HC WINS!!!   I AM YOUR YANKER!!!  I AM YOUR YANKER!!!  I AM YOUR YANKER!!!

If you saw last years game then I can see why you say that. If you have seen this years version....might have spoke too soon. Haha, you will learn.

You are correct, I have not witnessed this year's "version". I can only go on personal accounts. And last season's game is all I have at this point. I seriously hope that this year's version is much improved. Nothing like a good "physical" high school football game.

Game will be similar to the opening game of Hurd's junior year played at HC. High scoring game with Mason having a huge night and ultimately being the difference. Don't believe HC can stop him.

Hurd ran for 450 yards and 5 tds that night. 2nd or 3rd best rushing performance in state history. Mason seems like a good back, but those are some mighty lofty expectations.

Game will be similar to the opening game of Hurd's junior year played at HC. High scoring game with Mason having a huge night and ultimately being the difference. Don't believe HC can stop him.

If Mason gets HALF the yards that Hurd had that game, then HC will be in serious trouble. I think he had over 450? He may still be running.

Mason will get his yards, and may break one or two, I just hope he doesn't go 'Hurd' on us.

I am still unsure how good either team is at this point. I think they are both solid, but not sure how good. 

Should know something in about 32+ hours.

Go Big Red.

Comparing Mason to Hurd is ridiculous. He's a good back but Hurd was one of the best high school running backs in Tennessee history. All that being said...no comparison. H.C. stuffs the run...Wave resorts to throwing the ball resulting in several sacks and interceptions.