Region 2 most explosive offensive team Harriman at Unaka

orngnblk

As poor as all our local schools are other than Etown ,we need every local team we can find.. Running down the road for a win or a loss helps no one. If you don't make money in Football ,you're in a mess.

Disagree. You aren't affiliated with a program that is as pitiful as Unaka. I drove by the field tonight about 5 minutes before kickoff. Harriman brought more fans from almost 3 hours away than Unaka had. That is PATHETIC. Reason being, people aren't going to pay their hard earned money to see games where they know the home team is going be get beat by 40 points... In 1st quarter. Doesn't matter if it is against Harriman, Hampton, UT,or the Titans.

Fans don't want watch a bad team killed by a good team. And kids don't want to play on that kind of team either.

Disagree. You aren't affiliated with a program that is as pitiful as Unaka. I drove by the field tonight about 5 minutes before kickoff. Harriman brought more fans from almost 3 hours away than Unaka had. That is PATHETIC. Reason being, people aren't going to pay their hard earned money to see games where they know the home team is going be get beat by 40 points... In 1st quarter. Doesn't matter if it is against Harriman, Hampton, UT,or the Titans.

Fans don't want watch a bad team killed by a good team. And kids don't want to play on that kind of team either.

I certainly don't want to rub salt in the wounds after the way the game went, but I understand what you're saying crazzyness. From what I know as well as what I saw tonight, it's a sad situation at Unaka. Unfortunately, that might've been the worst team I've saw play in person and I mean no disrespect by that. There's just no excitement or enthusiasm there. It was truly disappointing to see the extreme lack of support those boys had tonight. When a team travels over 3 hours to play you and they bring more fans than the home team, something is wrong!!! I've never had any bad dealings with Unaka and I respect them, so I mean by what I've said. I hope that they're able to get things turned around up there.

Proud of the Big Blue for the big win tonight and advancing to 4-0 on the season. A solid 48-8 win and then a bye week to get rested up for Rockwood the coming week plays into our favor in my opinion. I've said it since before the season that this team would surprise a lot of people and that it's one of the best Harriman teams I've ever seen! So far these boys are proving just that!!! Nothing easy from here on out! Everything these boys get will be hard earned!! I can't wait to see how the rest of this season plays out and to see how far my Blue Devils will go!! It's great to be a Harriman Blue Devil!!!

I feel bad for you guys. There is really no excuse for it. Unaka has boys just like every other school.

Agreed. If you are going to schedule a game that will not make you any money, at least make it against a team you can be competitive with. Or if you are going to schedule a team that is going to annihilate you, make it someone close so attendance will be decent. Instead, Unaka did neither.

Rye Cove VA, Thomas Walker VA, Wise Eastside VA, Castlewood VA, Jenkins KY, Sunbright, Jellico, those are all teams Unaka could have scheduled, been just as close if not closer, made just as much at the gate, and been competitive in.

When the schedule came out last year and I saw Harriman, J.I. Burton, and Midway, I was absolutely perplexed. While I truly believe playing good teams make you better, getting beat by 60 points at halftime does NOT make you better.

Pink said that he looked at the standings and these teams were down in record. Apparently he forgot to look at who they play and are in their region. The football players at Unaka are being made fun of by other students and its getting to be a very ugly situation. When you have a senior start the  season being suspended and another senior suspended 4 games in for unsportsmanship penalties. The coaching showing no change in attitude or not allowing players to hit in practice. How can you be ready for a physical game without being physical in practice.