2017 Enrollment Numbers and Classifications

MountainTroll

I like indians post better. Lol. I actually have thought all aling that we would either be the last 2a school or the first 3a school.which i believe we can compete in both. Championship would never come this way in 3a due to Alcoa and the likes.

LMBO, I understand. I just based my calculations on trying to make all the classes as even as possible.

If Knoxville Catholic stays D1, they will be 94th in enrollment...near the bottom of 5A.

Here are my projections (for whatever it's worth). Note that I don't believe they will make the classes an exact even distribution across the board based on closeness of enrollments for schools near the cutoff lines, so this list takes that into account somewhat. An example is there are 3 schools at top of my 4A list that are at enrollment of 1083, 1082, and 1081. It would be tough to justify pushing one school up to 5A due to a 1 student difference, and it would overload 5A if they moved all three schools up. My projected classification sizes and cutoff schools are as follows:

6A: 50 schools- Southwind (1496) last team in

5A: 48 schools- Morristown East (1472) first in; Portland (1089) last.

4A: 50 schools- Liberty Tech Magnet (1083) first; Giles County (820) last.

3A: 49 schools- Wooddale (808) first; Cumberland Gap (554) last.

2A: 49 schools- Forrest (547) first; Harriman (373) last.

1A: 48 schools- Oakhaven (366) first.

This also assumes Elizabethton elects to move up a to 4A, which has been part of the discussion in the District 1 area. If they elect not to, then 3A will end up with 50 schools. I don't have info for other schools that are considering playing up, so if anyone has that info let me know.

For the privates that have not declared yet (as of October 11), their Division 1 classification would be as follows, if they elect to stay (actually enrollment & D1 multiplier enrollment included):

Knoxville Catholic (619, 1114.2) - 5A (would make this class 49 schools)

Lipscomb Academy (518, 932.4)- 4A (would make this class 51 schools)

Notre Dame (419, 754.2)- 3A (would make this class 50 schools)

Middle Tennessee Christian (235, 423)- 2A (would make this class 50 schools)

Lipscomb and MTCS declared today. You can take them off the list. Edited by TheAmbassador