Fayetteville's Tigers host Cascade

Varo

Cascade probably doesn't have the size or the speed this year that they have had in the past but... they have lost to 2 of the better teams in 2A. They are obviously better than everybody on this thread thought they were. Fayetteville probably overlooked Cascade and didn't play their best game but that is "football". You can't overlook anybody because "on any given night anybody's team can beat anybody else's team".

I would not be surprised if what the Cascade players read on this thread last week motivated them to play their best game of the year last night. The Hosses aren't done yet and FHS may need to adjust their playoff plans just a bit.

The thought of "be careful in what you ask for" comes to mind.....

Got to tell us what happened Varo. I didn't see this coming though admitting-ly not knowing much about Cascade other than just reading they were suppose to be down this year....â”â“â”

Big you have been drinking the cool-aid again. Back in the day... when Cascade played MtP every year, you could count on a good showing any time the two teams played. Cascade hasn't changed... they still come to play even if their opponent is 3 - 0. 

The thought of "be careful in what you ask for" comes to mind.....

Got to tell us what happened Varo. I didn't see this coming though admitting-ly not knowing much about Cascade other than just reading they were suppose to be down this year....â”â“â”

Cascade probably doesn't have the size or the speed this year that they have had in the past but... they have lost to 2 of the better teams in 2A. They are obviously better than everybody on this thread thought they were. Fayetteville probably overlooked Cascade and didn't play their best game but that is "football". You can't overlook anybody because "on any given night anybody's team can beat anybody else's team".

I would not be surprised if what the Cascade players read on this thread last week motivated them to play their best game of the year last night. The Hosses aren't done yet and FHS may need to adjust their playoff plans just a bit.

Great win for Cascade but never saw that happening. The tougher scedule helped Cascade out for sure. I'll eat a little crow for my prediction. Fayettville will still make a lot of noise in 1A just to many weapons on the roster not to.

Cascade came to play Friday night, and our boys didn't go into "fight or die" mode until the second quarter.  I will definitely eat crow about my prediction of beating Cascade by 3 TDs, and admit they played lights out, running the ball and pounding our line.  Getting 5,6,7 yards a pop, they put themselves in good position.  They converted probably 3 of 4 fourth down and 3-4-5 yds. to keep drives going.  Our boys played tough, and made a great run into the last minute of the game to come within seven to tie, but failed to convert on a 4th and 3 on the 5 yd line.  Our kicking game, usually a strong point, was average, not superior.  We converted a couple of 2 pt. tries to claw back into the game, but didn't give ourselves a chance to regain a lead. 

#22 Brandon Moore made his case for All Region, breaking two runs of 70+yds for scores, but our team succeeds when everybody contributes, and our usually strong, bend-don't-break defense just wasn't on fire.  No knock against Cascade, their big line opened holes for the run game, but their passing was virtually non-existent.  They ran a lot of misdirection plays, and that seemed to confuse us in the first half. 

Losing Friday sobered up a lot of fans, and a lot of the players.  We aren't unbeatable, we have to work to succeed and not overlook any opponent, regardless of whatever butt-whoopin' we put on them last year.  We lost our big heads from beating Franklin Road on opening day, and the boys are focusing on taking out Richland this Friday.  One game at a time, one opponent at a time.  That's how you succeed.

Big you have been drinking the cool-aid again. Back in the day... when Cascade played MtP every year, you could count on a good showing any time the two teams played. Cascade hasn't changed... they still come to play even if their opponent is 3 - 0.

Copy that Boxman... Not been keeping up with them big orange helmets since those days neither, just what I've been reading here on the T; and of that, not much support for them neither like it used to be with Cascade11 and yourself. Congrats on the solid win. F-ville is good despite the L here in this one.

Cascade came to play Friday night, and our boys didn't go into "fight or die" mode until the second quarter. I will definitely eat crow about my prediction of beating Cascade by 3 TDs, and admit they played lights out, running the ball and pounding our line. Getting 5,6,7 yards a pop, they put themselves in good position. They converted probably 3 of 4 fourth down and 3-4-5 yds. to keep drives going. Our boys played tough, and made a great run into the last minute of the game to come within seven to tie, but failed to convert on a 4th and 3 on the 5 yd line. Our kicking game, usually a strong point, was average, not superior. We converted a couple of 2 pt. tries to claw back into the game, but didn't give ourselves a chance to regain a lead.

#22 Brandon Moore made his case for All Region, breaking two runs of 70+yds for scores, but our team succeeds when everybody contributes, and our usually strong, bend-don't-break defense just wasn't on fire. No knock against Cascade, their big line opened holes for the run game, but their passing was virtually non-existent. They ran a lot of misdirection plays, and that seemed to confuse us in the first half.

Losing Friday sobered up a lot of fans, and a lot of the players. We aren't unbeatable, we have to work to succeed and not overlook any opponent, regardless of whatever butt-whoopin' we put on them last year. We lost our big heads from beating Franklin Road on opening day, and the boys are focusing on taking out Richland this Friday. One game at a time, one opponent at a time. That's how you succeed.

Thanks for the rundown from your perspective Varo.... Surely this woke them boys up or I may have picked the wrong team for Region Champs this year.... CA may just take it if this didn't wake 'em up.